Skip to main content
Posted Sun, 07 Jan 2024 12:42:23 GMT by Annette White
Good morning,
I am not a conveyancer but I have dealt with your office numerous times.
I read on the ID3 form
the ID3 form is not required if
• you deal with HM Land Registry regularly and we’ve given you a letter confirming your identity (a ‘facility letter’)

Since 2020, I have submitted 5 separate applications for TR1 and TP1, with identical transferors and transferees, accompanied by ID1 or ID3 forms.

I am in the process of making further applications for the same transferors to the same transferees. Will I still need to submit ID1 or ID3 every time, or could I apply for such a facility letter?
Posted Sun, 07 Jan 2024 14:49:44 GMT by Adam Hookway
Annette - if you are lodging multiple applications at the same time you can rely on one ID1/ID3 as appropriate for each verification. But the applications and forms must be submitted together and cross-refer as appropriate
If you are doing multiple applications over a period of time then you can apply for a facility letter

To set up an arrangement customers must:

• make their request in writing to HM Land Registry Citizen Centre
    PO Box 74
    Gloucester
    GL14 9BB

• lodge your completed ID form, ID1 or ID2 only, which must be verified by a conveyancer (panels 11, 12 and 13 of form ID1 and panels 8, 9 and 10 of form ID2 do not need to be completed)

• give a general statement about the type(s) of property they deal with on a regular basis e.g. souvenir land, ground rents.

• provide a written undertaking to notify HMLR of any change to any information contained in the ID form.

Facility letters cannot be used where the value of the land exceeds £100,000.

You will be required to apply for a new ID facility letter each year using form ID1 or ID2 as appropriate

Posted Mon, 08 Jan 2024 09:05:51 GMT by Annette White
thank you for your quick and well-explained response - I will continue with the ID1s as before. 
Another question, please:
Before Covid, we once took an application to a Land Registry Office in person, and we had our IDs certified at the same time. Is that possible again?
Posted Mon, 08 Jan 2024 11:51:23 GMT by Adam Hookway
Annette - we no longer provide such a service and as a result our offices remain closed to the public

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in