Skip to main content
Posted Thu, 05 Oct 2023 11:47:31 GMT by Tabeer Hussain
I have a solicitor acting on behalf of our family where Dad is transferring the property with no mortgage to the 2 sons and mother. They have sent a TR1 & AP1, I was reading some of the guidance notes and practice notes and it mentions an ID1.. Is this needed if I have a solicitor acting on our behalf and who has lodged the application? I was a bit confused but I thought no initially but the wording has me a bit confused. 
Posted Thu, 05 Oct 2023 13:08:12 GMT by Adam Hookway
Tabeer - if there's a solicitor acting for all of you then they would verify identities in their own way (sometimes they might rely on ID1 verification for own use) and they'd complete the form AP1 as appropriate
Check with the solicitor as to their requirements to enable them to then submit the application 
Posted Thu, 05 Oct 2023 13:36:55 GMT by Tabeer Hussain
Hi I I thought so, they did their checks on us from the outset and then I just checked the AP1, they signed as a conveyancer. So all good, its been posted today so would you happen to know timescales roughly for it to be registered, its pretty straightforward.
Posted Thu, 05 Oct 2023 14:26:15 GMT by Adam Hookway
Tabeer - that's good. It will wait several weeks I suspect before being processed. But that's rarely an issue as the transfer/change of ownership is protected from when it's submitted and not when it's processed/registered

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in