Skip to main content
Posted Tue, 09 Jan 2024 21:24:43 GMT by Huw Evans

I am transferring a small part of my land to my neighbour, and we all need our ID verified, mine is done with my solicitor.

My neighbours are a married couple and one of them is in hospital seriously ill , would a ID3 form be ok to do for them as they are not able to get a ID1 or ID 5 done.

The other one is able to get an ID1 done by a solicitor so thats fine.

And also can the application to transfer the land go in before these checks?? or do they need to be completed both before the application goes in

Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 07:09:39 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Huw - you can use ID1 or ID3 as appropriate so an application can have a mix of both but it all has to be submitted as one application
You mention it's a 'small part of your land' so don;t forget the exception re a low value transaction (under £6K) where evidence of identity is not normally required. Of course a small part of your land may actually be a very valuable part in some cases. 
Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 07:36:41 GMT by Huw Evans

Thanks for the quick reply

So if it's value is under £6k(which I think it us under £6k)  I can transfer it without the need to verify mine and my neighbours ID?

Would someone need to value it or can it be mutually agreed that it's worth less than £6k?

Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 08:00:01 GMT by Adam Hookway
Huw - correct - see PG 67 section 4.1

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in