Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 22:56:37 GMT by chris freeman
Hello HMLR help team,I need some expert advice on the following please.
: Hazard awareness notice ,category 2, chapter 1 or 2 Part 4 OF THE Housing Act 2004 Section 29 ;
The above notice was served in February 2011,the new ff flat owner has laid laminate floors,it's far worse !
Please advise,can I make an application with form RX1 to have the Hazard notice included upon the property titles.As a notice ?
The property consists of two flats,gf flat and ff flat, there is a 999yr lease with four HMLR property titles creating a leasehold reversion.

1.I am unsure if the hazard notice would be accepted by the registrar for inclusion upon the property titles.
2.If it were permissible,can I make the application as the landlord of the other flat,obviously the ff flat occupier will not agree,but I need to stop her selling the ff flat and passing the problem onto someone else,having been intentionally excluded from the conveyancing in 2020,the prior owner failed to disclose that a hazard notice was active.

Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 13:07:46 GMT by Nimish Patel
Chris -  I do not think the issue that you mention falls within the grounds on which a restriction can be registered on the title, however this is something you need to seek legal advice.  We cannot tell you if we would be acceptable without having a sight of an application. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in