Skip to main content
Posted Thu, 19 Oct 2023 11:11:40 GMT by Warren Pullen
We (3 family members) decided to apply for the removal of a form a restriction in order to switch from tenants in common to joint tenants of a property we own.We executed a Deed Of Trust  in the summer but i was tardy in completing the RX3 form and unfortunately before i did so one of us unexpectedly died.Is there a  procedure that covers this eventuality?
Posted Thu, 19 Oct 2023 11:37:37 GMT by Adam Hookway
Warren - there’s no procedure change really as you can still submit the form RX3 and supporting evidence as appropriate. The key change is the sad death so lodge an official/certified copy of the death certificate too. The application and date order of the docs then paint the picture. 
Posted Fri, 20 Oct 2023 06:08:30 GMT by Warren Pullen
Thank you Adam.After your reply i had a look at the guidance notes and that mentioned form ST5.Are we required to send one or is that covered by the Deed Of Trust?
Also will this remove the deceased proprietor from the register or do i sent a DJP form as well or in a separate transaction?
Posted Fri, 20 Oct 2023 08:18:56 GMT by Adam Hookway
Warren - you'll need the form RX3, Deed of Trust and ST5, if not relying on a conveyancer here - see the online guidance
I would recommend completing and inc a form DJP as you suggest for completeness also and inc the copy death certificate as mentioned
Posted Sat, 21 Oct 2023 06:05:49 GMT by Warren Pullen

Adam ,thank you for your help

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in