Skip to main content
Posted Sun, 29 Oct 2023 13:25:28 GMT by Nik Cain
I've agreed to swap some land with my neighbour - roughly equal spaces of about 30m2, so not of much value, but useful to us both to sort out a quirky boundary.

I've figured out I need to do an AP1 and a TP1 - can my neighbour's forms go in the same application, and if so would that make it one AP1 form and two TP1 forms? Would it be one fee as well?

My next question is on the plans - I assume the plans indicate the areas we're exchanging rather than the entire property with a modified boundary line? 

and finally, for Consideration section 9 of the tp1, if we're exchanging land, but no money changing hands, then is that 'The transfer is not for money or anything that has a monetary value', or should I explain it's a land swap in section 12?
Posted Mon, 30 Oct 2023 09:48:59 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Nik - looks like you have it all covered but see our PG 21 section 3 for guidance on 'exchanges'
You'll have separate transfers and separate applications but you can submit them together to keep the linked nature of them. Just cross-reference them in some way (a letter with each)
Posted Mon, 30 Oct 2023 14:10:45 GMT by Nik Cain
Thanks Adam, that's most of the forms sorted out.

One more question though - it looks like we don't have to do an ID3 form if the land is less than £6000, unless I'm reading the form wrong. We haven't had a valuation done, but the areas are so small it should fall under that price - do we need to prove it somehow? Plus if we don't do an ID3 because of that reason, how do we indicate that on the AP1? (otherwise it looks like we just missed off a document)
Posted Mon, 30 Oct 2023 15:53:27 GMT by Adam Hookway
Nik - correct and just make it clear in your applications what the rough value is eg less than £X in panel 4 of form AP1. You need to state the value anyway so that we can check you have paid the correct fee also
Posted Mon, 30 Oct 2023 17:46:11 GMT by Nik Cain
That's great - thanks for your help Adam!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in