Skip to main content
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2023 23:54:55 GMT by Martyn Reid
Hello

I know there is a recent post on the above question however my concern is the address recorded as my service address on my property's title deed no longer exists. The road name was changed over 30 years ago so it will no longer be found in any address/postcode databases and it will not be known to the local post staff. Also the property was sold a number of years ago so I have no links to it, or it's current owners, and they have no forwarding address even if something was posted using the new road name?

How will this be dealt with please as I need to submit a COG1 to update my service address?

Thank you.

Martyn
Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 08:53:04 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello Martyn - the notification will still be issued as per the registered address. And if the address no longer exists should be returned by Royal Mail advising us of that fact
Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 16:11:12 GMT by Martyn Reid

Thank you for the information.

Do you put a time limit on not getting a response and what do you do in that situation? The village where this address was has quite a few streets that use the same significant part of the name as it has strong historical links to the area.

How long do you wait,, if for example the Royal Mail don't reject this outright and attempt to use local knowledge to deliver this to one of the other locations, or equally any recipient that it does get delivered to doesn't bother to return it but just disposes of it? Unfortunately misdelivered mail is not uncommon.

Thank you

Martyn

Posted Sat, 02 Dec 2023 06:07:58 GMT by Adam Hookway
Martyn - the notifications are to help both you and ourselves from the risks of property fraud so there is very little detail I can share with you here.
All I can advise is that the time period for a response is generally 3 weeks.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in