Skip to main content
Posted Mon, 03 Jul 2023 10:57:46 GMT by Nicola Chang
Hi,

Please can you give me advice on the forms I need to complete for removal of a charge on a title deed and the fees I would need to pay. I am planning to do this without a solicitor if possible so some advice on proof of ID etc. would be helpful. I am not the proprietor but I do currently have a charge against the property.

Please can you also advise what I would need to do to amend the charge rather than remove it. What would I need from the proprietor on the title deeds?

Thanks & kind regards,
Nicola
Posted Mon, 03 Jul 2023 11:01:12 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Nicola - what type of 'charge' are you referring to please? Do you have the title number or do you not wish to share?
Posted Mon, 03 Jul 2023 11:04:47 GMT by Nicola Chang
Hi Adam,

I was a bit wary to share details with this being a public forum

Regards,
Nicola

Posted Mon, 03 Jul 2023 11:22:31 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Nicola - understood and now edited out of your post

So it is a legal charge so to remove (discharge) it you would need forms DS1 and DS2 plus identity verification using form ID1 or ID3 as appropriate. No registration fee

Evidence of identity forms and guidance - if you do the application yourself then only you need to have your identity verified. If someone else applies then they too would need to confirm their identity

Our Practice Guide explains how a deed of variation of the legal charge can be registered but I would recommend that you seek legal advice if a variation, and not removal, was required. As you state that would also involve the registered owner/borrower and a legal deed (not form) would need to be drawn up/executed etc
Posted Mon, 03 Jul 2023 11:32:13 GMT by Nicola Chang
Thanks Adam - much appreciated.

If I need to go down the route of a deed of variation, I will seek additional help.

Kind regards,
Nicola

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in