Skip to main content
Posted Sun, 21 Jan 2024 15:35:11 GMT by George Brogan
My now deceased Mother in law and Father in law were duped into singing there house over to the solicitor that was supposed to be helping them for my Wife Sister and Brother to own the house when they Died but they put the house into their name they are being investigated by the Scottish Police my Wife got in touch with the solicitors that took over the Firm they eventually sent out new deeds saying the house was now in there names but I paid the £3 and got the deeds for the house and the house is still in the Solicitors names my wife was not advised what to do with the papers they sent we are in our late 70s and do not all this legal jargon and this has been going on for over a year now and my wife is at her wits end trying to sort it out any help would be very much appropriated Thanks 
Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2024 11:54:28 GMT by Adam Hookway
George - sorry to read of all the issues faced but there's not enough specific detail to really offer any help. What's the title number involved please?
Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2024 13:58:04 GMT by George Brogan
ND51941 
his is the information that was sent to me from the Land Registration I have been on the phone and they told me to send the forms that we got from the solicitors to the land registry to get it changed into my Wife and her Sister can you please tell me if that is what we should when we when we received the forms I ask them if we could sell the house but they did say that we had to send them to the land registry to get them changed over we just want to get this matter settled Thanks 
Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2024 14:47:12 GMT by Adam Hookway
George - many thanks but I've edited out the names etc from your post. The title number is sufficient.
So it reads as if the named registered owners, the solicitors, are going to transfer the legal ownership over to your wife and her sister. If that's the case then that's what's needed to then enable to them to be registered and then sell on
Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2024 15:38:31 GMT by George Brogan
Hi again the solicitor sent the forms out to wife and it says they are named as the owners of the house now but I telephoned the land registry and they say the house is still in them other peoples names and they give me an addresses to send them to but when we talked to the solicitor they said just hand the over to the estate agent that does not seem right to me we are at a loss to do with them one person telling us do something and another one telling us something different I am sorry to be a bother but me and my Wife have been dealing with this for over a year now and just want the house sold because we are paying insurance for the house and we cleared it out and we have to pay council tax and gas and electricity Thanks Again for your Help it very much Appreciated 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in