Skip to main content
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2024 14:18:28 GMT by Gary Shallcross
My current home was shared 50% mine and 50% my wife's , Tenants in Common.

My wife has died and left her share in her will to my daughter and I have  filled in the necessary forms but one has come back incomplete for me to finish filling in .However not sure what i should enter.
Section 13 (1) , I know i have to put my daughter down as  a "transferee" and since she is named as the executor of the will do I also enter her name as "Transferor" ? 
Plus although its my wife's share being transfered to my daughter do I put myself down also as a Transferee as well?
I believe i put "NONE" in the conveyancers column since i have done the forms myself. So my wife's name does not need to be entered.
Thank You 

Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2024 06:48:16 GMT by Adam Hookway
Gary - the legal ownership can only be transferred as a whole so when one joint owner passes away the surviving owner is the one to transfer (Transferor) the whole to whoever. 
In this case you would be the transferor and you and your daughter would be the transferees so form TR1 needs to refer to you in the singular as Transferor and the two of you as Transferees
Same goes for form AP1 panel 14 - NOT panel 13 as you are not a conveyancer
See the online guidance on how to complete the form AP1 and specifically the examples/details provided in the linked PG 67
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2024 09:46:08 GMT by Gary Shallcross

Thank You for the reply, so can I confirm since I have done the forms myself and no payment/morgage is involved I shouldn't put anything in section 13 but use section 14 and conveyancer's name etc is "None"

Thanks

Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2024 10:22:35 GMT by Adam Hookway
Gary - correct. Panels 12 and 14 need to be completed as per the explanatory notes. Panel 13 is only for a conveyancer to complete
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2024 10:44:07 GMT by Gary Shallcross
Thank You  for the prompt reply and service. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in