Skip to main content
Posted Tue, 09 May 2023 11:11:27 GMT by Adam Hookway
I have no idea what debts I have and which, if any, are registered with you.<br> I know there's a mortgage but how do I check and confirm what else there is?
Posted Tue, 09 May 2023 11:22:48 GMT by Adam Hookway
If a property is registered then it is the register you need to view and check to confirm what charges and/or debts are registered
We do not offer a service where we check for you by phone or email. You should always check the register yourself as even if it is silent re such entries having that actual register will help when having wider discussions re loans/debts and more
There are a variety of ways in which debts/charges might be registered such as
Legal charge - generally referred to as a mortgage
Notices/Restrictions - generally referred to by us as third party interests
Charging orders - can be protected by way of a Notice or as a Restriction depending on the circumstances

Legal charges are invariably created when you borrow money from a lender and they then secure it against your property. You would normally be very much aware of any mortgage (legal charge) of course
The type of debts, interests and charges referred to under Notices/Restrictions/Charging orders are likely to be less familiar and are often the type of register entry this Question is referencing
When such entries are made on the register they generally only refer to the name of the creditor and the date the entry was made.
We do not register the amount owed or how much remains to be paid and often that information can only be obtained from the creditor
In some cases we will have a copy of the court order/an agreement or similar document submitted at the time of registration. You can apply by post for a copy as appropriate
Once you have checked the register if you are unsure with regards the type of entry made or the information we might hold then use our Contact form to get in touch for guidance
But if you need legal/financial advice then please do seek wider help as we cannot advise you on such matters. We register the information only

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in