Skip to main content
Posted Mon, 04 Dec 2023 20:03:08 GMT by Andrew Thomas
Hi

We are in the process of purchasing a property. Land reg searches highlighted a few issues with adjoining land. One title with the main property is in the current owners name, another title is in a previous owners name and for some reason was not transferred to the current owner when they purchased the property. I was then found that there is a small part of the drive which is also not in the current owners name, and it means the property now does not abut a highway, even though the drive has been used as access to the property as long as it has been there.

Could you please check the progress for me as it seems to be extremely difficult getting any updates from solicitors. We are extremely keen for the purchase to go through asap.

Main property title is WA75268
Adjoining land title is WA602465
Unknown bit of land at front of drive
Postcode SA8 4AS

I believe a statement of truth has been submitted and expedited for the whole issue, but am unsure of any progress.

Thank you

Andrew
Posted Tue, 05 Dec 2023 07:36:02 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Andrew - application submitted against WA602465 on 20th Oct; expedited and processed on 22nd Oct and contacted conveyancer as more information was needed. Correspondence was then exchanged over the requested information and their last reply is with one of our lawyers to consider next steps from our perspective, which I imagine will be to go back to the conveyancer again to explain what's still required.
As it's expedited that should hopefully be this week
Posted Tue, 05 Dec 2023 08:17:24 GMT by Andrew Thomas
Thanks for your swift response. I will ensure the Conveyancer looks out for a response and deals with it ASAP. I'll message in a few weeks for an update if that's ok?
Posted Tue, 05 Dec 2023 11:00:01 GMT by Adam Hookway
Andrew - good idea and we can check again 
Posted Wed, 20 Dec 2023 12:13:21 GMT by Andrew Thomas
Hi Adam

It is my understanding that a letter was sent to the sellers solicitors on 11th December to notify them of your lawyer requesting an OS inspection of the land. However they hadn't paid a £130 fee at the time. Could you please tell me if the fee has now been paid and if the OS inspection has been booked?

Thanks

Andrew
Posted Wed, 20 Dec 2023 12:16:18 GMT by Adam Hookway
Andrew - we've had no reply as yet re our letter of the 11th so no survey has yet been booked
Posted Wed, 03 Jan 2024 09:45:30 GMT by Andrew Thomas
Hi Adam

Just wondering if there is any update please? I've been told that the payment has been made so hopefully the survey has been booked?

Thanks

Andrew
Posted Wed, 03 Jan 2024 10:44:25 GMT by Nimish Patel
Andrew - I have responded in my colleagues' absence. 

We are yet to receive any response to our letter of 11th December. 
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 09:34:45 GMT by Andrew Thomas
Good morning

Has there been any further progress please?

Thanks

Andrew
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 09:40:26 GMT by Adam Hookway
G M Andrew - survey notifications were issued on 24th Jan to owner and conveyancer. So Ordnance Survey will be visiting the site in the near future and then reporting back to us as appropriate
WA602465
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 09:50:28 GMT by Andrew Thomas
Wonderful, thank you. How long do they normally take to report to you? 
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 11:55:23 GMT by Adam Hookway
Andrew - generally within 2 weeks of the request, hence my reference to 'near future' as we are in week 2 since 24th Jan
Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2024 09:04:00 GMT by Andrew Thomas
Good morning

It is my understanding that OS attended the property last week. Could you please confirm if this is the case and let me know what the next steps and approximate timescales?

Thank you for your continued assistance.

Kind regards

Andrew
Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2024 09:55:29 GMT by Adam Hookway
G M Andrew - indeed and OS sent their report over on 2nd Feb. So that now goes to a senior technician to match what the report says against the claim itself. They then need to decide next steps including stage 3 options as appropriate.
We should know what the next steps are in the next few days hopefully due to it being expedited
WA602465 
Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2024 14:07:27 GMT by Andrew Thomas
Hi

Just wondering if there is any further update please following last week's OS report.

We have a mortgage offer that expires soon and are getting a bit worried.

Kind regards

Andrew
Posted Fri, 09 Feb 2024 11:14:53 GMT by Andrew Thomas
Good Morning Adam

Sorry to ask again but could you please let me know if there has been any progress with the OS report and if the next steps have been have been decided on.

We really appreciate your help.

Kind regards

Andrew

Posted Fri, 09 Feb 2024 11:27:21 GMT by Adam Hookway
G M Andrew - next steps have been taken which includes wider checks with the Official Receiver in accordance with the restriction on the titles. Those checks are time sensitive in so far as they are allowed until 28th Feb to respond. So we have to wait for them to respond or for the time to run out now before we can complete the registrations
Posted Mon, 19 Feb 2024 06:43:40 GMT by Andrew Thomas
Good morning Adam

Just wondering if there has been any further progress please.

Kind regards

Andrew
Posted Mon, 19 Feb 2024 07:35:16 GMT by Adam Hookway
G M Andrew - nothing to update on I'm afraid
WA602465 
Posted Tue, 27 Feb 2024 11:33:34 GMT by Andrew Thomas
Good morning Adam

Anything to report on please??

Thank you

Andrew

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in