Skip to main content
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2024 03:10:53 GMT by A Arshad

Hi, I hope you can help me with the application lodged for adverse possession of an unregistered common accessway (title number NGL151780).

We were in process of purchasing this property when we noticed that the side access is an unregistered common accessway.

I was advised that the application was posted to the Land Registry by special delivery on 21st March. Could you please confirm if the application has been received and expedited as it is a sale related matter? I'm super anxious as my mortgage offer will expire soon and I will no longer pass the affordability criteria as the rates are keep increasing. This is giving me sleepless nights.

Thank you in advance!

Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2024 07:21:48 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi A - received 25th March but not expedited as yet. I'll flag with colleagues and ask them to expedite it.
I should however stress that expedition will only get it to the first stage, consideration of the claim, sooner than normal. So you are looking at a 2 week window normally within which it should be considered.
Applications involving a claim invariably than have two further stages, if stage 1 is all complete and correct.
Stage 2 is s site visit by Ordnance Survey (2 weeks) and Stage 3 is the completion of wider checks, such as contacting the neighbouring landowners to consent/object (3 weeks or longer)
So even with expedition there is a wait time and we won;t really have a definitive timescale. Each stage is a separate wait/process time as explained.
Do speak to your conveyancer to understand what's required and how to manage your your expectations re timescales and more.
BGL182586
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2024 09:25:29 GMT by A Arshad

Hi Adam, Thanks for your swift response and to expedite the application. I will check for an update in 2 weeks times.

Posted Tue, 02 Apr 2024 06:31:02 GMT by Adam Hookway
Morning A Arshad - the case has been partially processed but we need more from the lodging conveyancer. They were contacted on 29th March so hopefully they can respond quickly and fully to keep things moving
Posted Tue, 02 Apr 2024 11:47:12 GMT by A Arshad
Good afternoon Adam, thank you so much for the update, it’s much appreciated. I have followed this up with my conveyancer and hopefully the lodging conveyancer will respond to HMLR queries swiftly and fully. Thanks again 
Posted Thu, 04 Apr 2024 16:19:28 GMT by A Arshad

Hi Adam - I wanted to check if the lodging conveyancer has responded to keep things moving? 

Thanks in advance!

Posted Fri, 05 Apr 2024 07:21:44 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi A Arshad - they replied on 2nd and things have now moved to stage 2 and a survey is being organised. We won;t know when that has happened until we get the report back from the surveyor
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 13:11:16 GMT by A Arshad

Hi Adam, hope you are keeping well.
I believe the survey was carried out on 11th of April, how long does it usually take for the HMLR to get the survey report?

Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 13:31:30 GMT by Adam Hookway
A Arshad - usually within a week of OS having completed the survey. Then it goes to the casework team and back to a senior technician to decide on next, and perhaps final steps. 
Those next steps will usually include contacting the conveyancer and adjoining/affected land/property owners.
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2024 13:10:57 GMT by A Arshad

Hi Adam, thanks for your previous response.

I wanted to check if the survey report is now with HMLR? Or is there any progress please?

Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2024 14:19:03 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi A - survey report in and case now with senior technician to review it and consider final steps. Those final steps usually involve wider checks but until the review has happened we don;t know what's still needed
BGL182586
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 10:41:01 GMT by A Arshad

Hi Adam, thanks for the update. Has the senior technician reviewed the case and progressed it to the next/final step?

Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 12:30:02 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi A Arshad - I'll see if I can get an update from colleagues
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 12:51:32 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi A Arshad - the casework team will be starting wider checks with adjoining landowners and contacting the conveyancer as well. The wider checks will allow 15 days for a response from recipients
That will be this afternoon I am advised.
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 12:58:33 GMT by A Arshad

Hi Adam, your swift responses are much appreciated! Thank you for checking this for me.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in