Skip to main content
Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 10:18:15 GMT by Glenn Castle
Good morning
Our mortgage is paid but it is only my name on the deeds and I want to add my wife.
We are slightly confused with the TR1 form and how to sign it.
The instructions ask for the transferor to sign and "If there is more than one transferee and panel 10 has been completed, each transferee must also execute this transfer"

So we can see that I must sign as Transferor and we both must sign as Transferee
How should we lay the text out?
Below is how they advise for the transferor to sign and witness, so do we keep it the same but change tranferor to transferee?.... silly question but we dont want to get this wrong
Many thanks

Signed as a deed by (full name of transferor)_________________ (signature)

In the presence of: _________________(signature of witness)

(print full name and address of witness)

Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 15:00:35 GMT by Adam Hookway
G A Glenn - you have understood correctly but you can sign as both Transferor and Transferee so just the once to cover both roles.
Your wife then signs as a Transferee also.
You can have separate or a single witness also but if using just a single witness please ensure that they sign and complete in full and legibly their details against both of your own signatures 
Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 15:05:59 GMT by Glenn Castle
Thanks Adam

Like this?

Signed as a deed by (full name of transferor and ransferee)_________me________ (signature)

Signed as a deed by (full name of transferee)________wife_________ (signature)

Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 15:20:15 GMT by Adam Hookway
Glenn - yes
Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 15:21:04 GMT by Glenn Castle
Thanks Adam
Have a great Christmas
Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 15:25:31 GMT by Adam Hookway
Thanks Glenn and you too - and no Q is a silly Q on a forum as even if it seems silly simple to some there will be others who need reassurance/answers also so you've done them all a favour if they find your post and our discussion

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in