Skip to main content
Posted Tue, 27 Jun 2023 17:44:24 GMT by Crispin Edwards
Hello,
We redeemed the rentcharge on our property and wish to remove it from the title. We did this privately so we don't have a certificate of redemption but we do have the deed of release. Is this sufficient? Is form AP1 the right one to use, is the fee £40, and do we need to provide any evidence of identity, please? As a non-business customer there doesn't seem to be any option to submit and pay online, is that also correct?

thanks
Crispin
Posted Wed, 28 Jun 2023 07:08:34 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello Crispin - it should be but we won;t know until it's lodged and considered. Form AP1 is the correct form if you are looking to remove it from an already registered title. £40 is the correct fee and it's a postal only application 

Cheques/postal orders should be made payable to HM Land Registry. We do not currently accept card payments for applications.

Please send the completed application to:

HM Land Registry,
Citizen Centre, 
PO Box 74, 
Gloucester, 
GL14 9BB
Posted Wed, 28 Jun 2023 07:25:33 GMT by Crispin Edwards
Thanks Adam. I just need to know about the evidence of identity, then - reading the form and guidance it seems to me that i don't need to provide any for this type of enquory, is that right?
Posted Wed, 28 Jun 2023 07:56:10 GMT by Crispin Edwards
Panel 12 says 'If this application is to register a transfer, lease or charge, or to give effect to a discharge in Form DS1 or a release in Form DS3 complete one of the following'; does my type of request comprise effecting a discharge or a release in form DS1 or DS3? They're not the form I'm filling in. That makes me think I don't need to tick either box in Panel 12.
Posted Wed, 28 Jun 2023 07:59:13 GMT by Adam Hookway
Crispin - apologies as I missed that point. No ID verification required for this type of application
Panels 12-14 can be left blank as a result
Posted Wed, 28 Jun 2023 08:02:02 GMT by Crispin Edwards

The application type also doesn't appear to comprise any of those listed in the table 'confirmation of identity requirements' on the guidance page for completing the evidence of identity panels on form AP1

Posted Wed, 28 Jun 2023 08:03:21 GMT by Crispin Edwards

sorry, posted that last before I saw your earlier reply. Fantastic - you've been really helpful, thank you. It's just a shame the forms and guidance are a bit impenetrable!

Posted Wed, 28 Jun 2023 08:03:57 GMT by Adam Hookway
Crispin - that's correct hence no identity verification is required on submission

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in