Skip to main content
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2023 14:07:52 GMT by Sarah Busby
The freeholder of the converted building that my flat is in needs to transfer his freehold title to his daughter. Does he just need to complete an AP1 or are there any other forms he needs to complete as well?
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2023 16:04:13 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Sarah - form AP1 yes as it's the application form that's always needed. Our online guidance explains how he can transfer the legal ownership and links to the forms and more needed
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2023 16:31:03 GMT by Sarah Busby
Thanks for getting back to me so promptly - and excuse me double checking but I've been informally advised by a solicitor that 'the AP1 is the form to amend a register, however to amend they need a TR1 which is the transfer'. And yet you - and the guidance - seem to be indicating that a TR1 is not required in these circumstances. Could you just clarify for me please? Many thanks again, Sarah
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2023 07:46:25 GMT by Adam Hookway
Sarah - you need both. Form AP1 is the application form whilst form TR1 is the legal deed, the Transfer, also needed to then transfer the legal ownership
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2023 09:02:40 GMT by Sarah Busby
OK, thanks again - and I realise I have one more question in my head (sorry I didn't ask this before) - I'm just wondering how long this process takes on average. Are you able to say, for example, the minimum amount of time it can take?
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2023 10:41:10 GMT by Adam Hookway
Sarah - 4-5 months on average wait time.
If there's an urgency then it's important to request expedition after the application has been submitted
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2023 11:53:46 GMT by Sarah Busby

OK - understood, and thanks very much for your speedy help.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in