Skip to main content
Posted Tue, 20 Feb 2024 16:46:36 GMT by Kirsty Bailey
After 30 years in the same house we are looking to move only to be told our house is registered as our neighbours, is there a simple rectification or does a solicitor need to sort on our behalf 
Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2024 08:04:59 GMT by Adam Hookway
Kirsty - it doesn't read as if there's a simple solution but without any specifics I can't be sure. It is always advisable to use a solicitor if there's a complexity behind how it has happened. 
Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2024 08:50:35 GMT by Kirsty Bailey

Thanks for your reply. We purchased the house when it was 9 months old but had had 1 owner, we are on a shared driveway with one neighbour, their house has changed ownership twice since obviously without anything being raised about the land registration issue.  We are now marketing the house and have been told our houses have been transposed on the registry details so I assume it is an administrative error and they have been recorded wrongly. I am surprised it hasn't been an issue when next door changed ownership previously.  If it needs to be dealt with by solicitor that's fine but thought I would pose the question here first 

Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2024 09:07:09 GMT by Adam Hookway
Kirsty - understood but again all about the specific details re titles and addresses and then identifying how the 'error' occurred and what the resolution therefore is. 
Posted Thu, 22 Feb 2024 09:41:50 GMT by Kirsty Bailey

I have checked my deeds and land registry docs, the title number is NK226269.  There are 2 maps enclosed os TG1715 which shows the plot where both houses are as a red box. Also enclosed is the builders plot map showing our property as plot 108. All the details on the title of house number etc are correct.  

Posted Thu, 22 Feb 2024 10:19:49 GMT by Adam Hookway
Kirsty - many thanks. So that title number relates to your property and the register confirms your ownership. The title plan then confirms the registered extent/general boundaries
Looking at the title plans and plot Transfer plans for both you and your neighbour I can'r see an obvious issue.
So I'd suggest going back to whoever told you there was an issue to clarify
Posted Thu, 22 Feb 2024 11:52:52 GMT by Kirsty Bailey
I believe the EA is saying that when you search on the address by house number and street name it throws up the title number for next door as that then gives their details.  Rightmove shows the sold prices for their house under our property too.  I am happy having looked at our deeds that ours are correct but there appears to be an anomaly somewhere when a search is completed 

Posted Thu, 22 Feb 2024 12:14:47 GMT by Adam Hookway
Kirsty - ok and that makes much more sense. So the addresses for 27 and 29 are linked to the wrong title numbers on certain databases. 
I've flagged both to be amended at our end although the registered information is all correct so this should not be an issue re sale/purchase. But can appreciate how some people prefer all their ducks to be in a neat row before proceeding
Posted Thu, 22 Feb 2024 12:18:17 GMT by Kirsty Bailey
Many thanks Adam for your help, we really appreciate it 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in