Skip to main content
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2023 23:38:47 GMT by Angela Barnes
Hello

My neighbour and I determined that the boundary between our two properties was incorrect.

The title plan is unchanged due to the scale, and due to the extent the boundary moved when it was corrected, but we'd like to add a boundary agreement to clearly state the position of the now agreed boundary.

We are happy to draw this up, and can describe the two ends of the boundary relative to substantial fixed features, but to avoid any problems we'd like to add a distance from a permanent building as part of the boundary agreement as this will provide an accurate measure of where the boundary now lies. The boundary is effectively parallel to a permanent building. This distance we have agreed was then used when we established a block wall to define the corrected boundary.

Can we just do this as a boundary agreement to be added to the two title deeds and if so which form should we use and what fees would apply?

Thank you

Angela.
Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 08:54:56 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello Angela - our online guidance explains how you can apply to register such an agreement and the fee payable
Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 10:33:18 GMT by Angela Barnes
Thank you. I will review this and discuss with my neighbour.

Do we both need to submit an AP1 form or is one sufficient?

Thank you again.

Angela
Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 10:38:57 GMT by Adam Hookway
Angela - one application is sufficient but needs to be made against both titles
Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 14:17:51 GMT by Angela Barnes
Thank you

Will we both receive updated paper copies of the title deeds to our respective addresses or will I have to notify them when I receive mine and ask them to download a copy of their deeds from the online portal?

Thank you again.

Angela
Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 14:19:49 GMT by Adam Hookway
Angela - if you do one application against both title numbers then we will issue an updated register copy for both titles to the name and address of the person who submits the application 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in