Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 14:42:02 GMT by
Hello

Thanks for this great service, how brilliant to see how responsive you are online.

My question is:

Am I able to find out what kind of application has been lodged on a Title?  I signed up for a property alert on the Head Lease title on a block of flats and recently received an alert that an Application has been lodged by a law firm.

I'd like to understand if this means the block is for sale or if not, what other types of applications might be lodged.  I'm not sure if this is possible to know.  As far as I understand it, it is a fairly typical arrangement with a freeholder, head lease and multiple underleases.

Many thanks in advance.
Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 15:10:39 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello - the way to establish what the nature/type of application(s) has been submitted is to make a postal search using form OS3 (£7). The search result will reaffirm who has lodged it as well as the nature/type of application for example a Transfer dated dd/mm/yyyy between A and B
Putting a property alert on a superior title to the actual one you are interested in/own will often throw up alerts re applications that actually have zero impact on the property you are interested in. Busy superior leasehold/freehold titles will regularly have applications that affect
There are a myriad of possible application types but if you want to know more you can either contact the firm/person who lodged the application or make a postal search as described
Note - the property alert service is there to help prevent property fraud. Hence the limited information provided as the hope is you'd know if the applicant/application was legitimate as you were selling or remortgaging. 
Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 15:50:55 GMT by
Thank you so much that is extremely helpful.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in