Skip to main content
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 13:10:00 GMT by Deborah Blank
I am interested in purchasing a new build development of 8 flats that have been built in place of what was previously one dwelling and is currently registered as such on land registry. I was wondering what the process was to register each flat with its separate title and whether this is something the developer should have already done, particularly as these were being offered individually for sale as leasehold flats?
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 14:02:14 GMT by Adam Hookway
Deborah - as and when each Flat is sold/leased then the purchaser will apply to register and the registered information will change.
If the seller/you want to apply to update the register re it's postal address/descriptions then you can do that by providing a copy of the local authority letter confirming the new postal addresses for the 8 flats.
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 14:06:56 GMT by Deborah Blank
Thanks for your reply. So if I am buying all 8 flats in one transaction, I as the purchaser I will apply to register these as part of the transaction?

Thanks for your help

Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 14:17:40 GMT by Adam Hookway
Deborah - if you are buying the land/building,l which equals the property, standing on title X then that's what you are buying. You are in essence buying the red outline/general boundaries on the title plan so IF your 8 flats are all within that title then it doesn't matter what the postal address currently is.
But when you register your purchase you can include the local authority confirmation so that the property description is amended to refer to say Flats 1-8 inc 28 Acacia Avenue.......
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 14:18:41 GMT by Deborah Blank
ok - thank you!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in