Skip to main content
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2023 16:20:58 GMT by Rosemary Sheary
In June I obtained my deeds.  There were no surveyor details within them only the Deed of Title.  I require the details of the surveyors report in terms of measurement of the exterior of my house by Cawthra Last Feather who undertook the original  searches and information.  Reason:  it is apparent from substantial photographic evidence that my neighbour of 6 Henry Terrace is creeping onto my property.  Recently it has been noted that the entire area both Henry Terrace and Milton Terrace have been modified.   I know nothing about any development of the area but new mortar and the cutting of steps and stones have all indicated it with my stones being daubed with red paint around windows and doors and particularly larger stones.  I therefore ask if you as a Land Registry are aware of any development by Leeds City Council/Yorkshire Water concerning either Henry Terrace or Milton Terrace as I have been on the Leeds City web site to see if any redevelopment is recorded and none is apart from a map suggesting a Neighbourhood planning area without any details on it.  Both streets are 'un-adopted'.  This Neighbourhood Planning Area also marks the back of Milton Terrace as Henry Terrace which quite clearly it is not.   Persons unknown have cut up steps, lintels and sills on my property without consent and re-mortared around bedroom windows and doors without my knowing who is responsible.  A hole was carved out in my footpath and made to look like a fence post in line with a cut of a step to redefine the boundary and naturally I suspect my neighbour of 6 Henry Terrace as the person responsible as a group of the residents made her a 'co-ordinator; of something but unsure quite what.  What is worrying is that as an organisation, how do you know the people contacting you are the actual people who have ownership of a property.  Parts of my hedge have been ripped out and 8 Henry Terrace is pushing stones underneath her steps to also get onto my land.  Both have pinned steps to elongate them into party walls garden-side and I regard their intrusive behaviour as deliberate and with a desire to 'control' who I employ to carry out work I need to do on my own property.   Whilst your suggestions of agreeing terms with a neighbour I find somewhat bland as the owner of 6 Henry Terrace has already lied about an agreement made about a fence.  We were originally separated by a brick wall that she could not wait to get rid of claiming it to be unsafe.  She invited a bunch of men known to her son to lean against it which made it more unsafe having stood all the time I have occupied my house since 1980.  Recently she invited a woman on 28th April 2023 to her house to break her top step flag in order to attain access to mine which was under the fence; protruding by 2.5 inches.  On getting rid of the wall she lied from the beginning about the boundary.  However this year it has become more and more apparent about her desire to recreate the boundary. Lines of mortar in stones have been redrawn. The recent gales/storms blew down the majority of the fence which had been abused by her and those whom she encourages to do damage e.g. hole in my footpath; sawing the bottom of the posts on my side and allowing her son to bash the penultimate post with a hammer.  The only thing I will agree to now is that the end post is put back next to her door where it was originally as any attempt to be neighbourly has been met with utter contempt by her and her family.  The fence design was to ensure each individual panel could be taken out to repair any damaged panel or to attain access to under my step.  She has done everything in her power to prevent me from seeing what she really had in mind by raising her patio to the level of her second step and using bigger and bigger and bigger flags and moving the fence more and more onto my property when I am away.  The deliberate cur in my doorstep and the deliberate cut in my step all done by her there is no doubt about her desire for 'control' as she has the downpipe and what was the original drains on her land both roadside (road surface water)  and garden-side (roof surface water).  The fence panels were found to be locked at her side so I could not move them even to show workmen who came to visit in respect of the steps garden-side and roadside earlier this year.    Her relationships with people in high places means when I ask questions, or requested that she fix the gap in her roadside step only fixed in April 2022, is ignored.  The fact that I am the eldest resident on the terrace since Mary of 11 Henry Terrace died grated on her that much that she assaulted me.  Luckily I fell back into a plant pot for a tree and did not hurt myself.  It was not reported as the woman is a mental health nurse who is capable of lying her head off.  My son's bedroom lintel was stolen and one suddenly appeared in her garden being carved up in two parts.  Subsequently photographs have been tampered with and Google ensured no photographs of her property prior to March 2023 showing the exterior of her property and the kind of lintels and sills she had prior to this date.  Render covers the lintel above her bathroom which when it rains you can see the design underneath.

I therefore request the details of any survey in terms of measurement of the outside of my property and whether you are aware of any sudden influx of expansions of boundary on Henry Terrace/Milton Terrace to determine whether a development is taking place without my knowledge as I am aware of a tick box exercise that all residents know when it is obvious that I have been told nothing and have to guess what has gone from my property in terms of stones and infrastructure whilst witnessing obvious encroachment by so-called 'neighbours'. who when asked claim they 'don't know' and 'all will be revealed in time'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It is pretty obvious to me that this woman wanted money for a fence which she received.  Since then I have seen what this woman has been trying to do.  Since the fence blew down I assume in a gale, she is wanting to come to some agreement with me.  The only agreement is that the end post be put in its original position next to her door and the end post at the bottom of her garden is also returned to the boundary posiition.  As both  the properties share the same block of stone roadside, it should not be assumed that it is at garden-side.  The only concession I will agree to is that no longer will 'her permission' be required concerning any workmen on my property.  I have no intention of paying that woman any money and she can be as destructive as she likes to any fence she puts up on her own original property.   

Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2023 07:56:06 GMT by Adam Hookway
Rosemary - I am sorry to read of the issues you are facing.
You can apply by post for copies of paperwork submitted or obtained during the registration process
However before doing so I would recommend submitting the Contact us form to establish what paperwork we actually hold and specifically the survey report you refer to. The support team can then check our files and respond
We will only usually have such a report if we requested one but worth checking what we have first before trying to apply by post directly
The wider issues and history of contact with your neighbour(s) and others isn't something we can advise on or resolve. We would always recommend seeking legal advice in such cases to consider what rights/options in law you may have
There are also online forums such as Garden Law and Money Saving Expert where such matters are often aired and shared and others often offer comments based on their own experiences/understanding. However as you and your property/neighbours are unique it is invariably specific legal advice that's the best option

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in