Skip to main content
Posted Thu, 29 Jun 2023 21:06:20 GMT by Jay W

Hello.

Is it possible to make a request to expedite an application on the grounds that the significant delay will cause severe psychological distress due to existing mental health issues, and if yes, what kind of evidence must be supplied to support the claim - does it require a letter from a doctor or similar, or just an honest account from the applicant?

Thank you

Posted Fri, 30 Jun 2023 06:27:03 GMT by Adam Hookway
Jay - yes and an honest account. If you give me the title number I can take a look as well
Posted Fri, 30 Jun 2023 17:09:09 GMT by Jay W

Thank you Adam. Please may I ask if the information supplied in support of an expedited application is automatically exempted from the general right to inspect, or must it be accompanied by an EX1/EX1A form in this case due to revealing personal details about mental health?

Many thanks again.

Posted Sat, 01 Jul 2023 04:26:29 GMT by Adam Hookway
Jay - as a correspondence item it would be open to inspection. It would not be retained on file against the title record though and would be deleted after a few years. 
I appreciate why you might ask the Q so to make it easier in your case feel free to share the title number and I can flag, without a reason given, to ask them to expedite 
Posted Sat, 01 Jul 2023 08:54:02 GMT by Jay W
Thank you for your very kind offer Adam. The application has not yet gone in yet - might still be a while - but will keep in mind when the time comes. I very much appreciate it.
Posted Sat, 01 Jul 2023 08:59:09 GMT by Adam Hookway
Jay - no problem. Post again if need arises and with enough detail to enable us to identify it

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in