Skip to main content
Posted Sat, 11 Nov 2023 09:46:18 GMT by caroline harfield
Hi need to cancel a restrictions registered on 2 of my property  for the effect of the charge to no longer affect the property.  I wish to do it myself. 

It was a private loan settled.  Evidence I have is a letter from creditor and  an IVA completion certificate. 

To help answer my questions below I give you extracts from the land registry entries on 2 properties.

Property number 1 a registered charge (BHX): 
  1. (18.03.2020) RESTRICTION: No disposition of the registered estate by
            the proprietor of the registered estate or by the proprietor of any
            registered charge, not being a charge registered before the entry of
            this restriction, is to be registered without a written consent signed
            by the proprietor for the time being of the Charge dated 28 February
            2020 in favour of xxxxxxx

2. (18.03.2020) REGISTERED CHARGE dated 28 February 2020.

Property 2: a unilateral notice (CLA)
  1. (12.03.2020) UNILATERAL NOTICE in respect of a charge dated 28 February

2.  4       (12.03.2020) BENEFICIARY: xxxxxxxxxx

Please can you answer the following 7 questions:
1.Which form should I submit for property 1 registered charge? a UN2, a CN1 or DS2?
2. Which form should I submit for property 2 unilateral notice? a UN2, a CN1, or DS2?   
3. Will this evidence be enough: settlement letter from creditor and IVA completion certificate. 
4. Will copies of these IDs be enough  passport, driving licence, council tax bill?
5. I don't want to send original copies in case of loss.  Can I write on the copies "I certify that this is a true copy of the original" and sign and date?
6. Please state any other documents/forms I need to submit?
7. What is the fee per application?
8.  Let's assume I post everything then what is a typical timeframe before the charges/notices are removed?

Looking forward to your reply.  I am so confused looking on google and gov docs.

Thank you so much
Caroline
Posted Sun, 12 Nov 2023 07:24:03 GMT by Adam Hookway
Caroline - 1. DS2 and DS1
2. UN2 if you are the beneficiary. UN4 if you are the registered proprietor of the property
3. We won't decide if it's enough until submitted
4. See PG 67 for guidance on providing evidence of identity re the form DS1/DS2 submission. Evidence of identity is not required for a UN2/UN4
5. You can submit certified copies of the supporting documents
6. See PG 67 as appropriate. Forms DS1/DS2 and UN2 or Un4 explain what's required for each
7. No fee for either
8. 3 to 4 months wait time and then 3-4 weeks for wider checks to be completed as appropriate. Those checks depend on the submitted paperwork and are designed to help prevent property fraud. So we would not provide specific details as to what they would be if needed.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in