Skip to main content
Posted Tue, 02 Apr 2024 10:38:03 GMT by C Law
Hello

We have been chasing our sellers solicitors since January regarding bits of land that are not registered to the vendor and needs registering as part of our purchase (I made a post previously but nothing had been applied for at that point). One is adverse possession, one is new registration.

Solicitors have now confirmed that applications were made in march, and an application to expedite was accepted on 22nd march as the chain is precarious due to the amount of waiting.

I am chasing reference numbers but the property is number 18, postcode TN24 0TW. 

Is there any way to find out the status of the applications and the expected wait times. My buyers are looking at other properties but will stop if we can provide them we an estimated completion date.

Thanks for your help,

Chelsea 
Posted Tue, 02 Apr 2024 11:40:29 GMT by Adam Hookway
C Law - so you have a first registration TT166124 lodged 22nd March. They've requested expedition in a covering letter submitted with the paperwork so that won;t have been seen as yet. We ask conveyancers to submit and then request expedition separately. I'll flag with colleagues and ask them to make it an expedite based on that letter and your post.
Expedition will get it to the point of initial consideration but it's won;t magically complete the process sadly.
As the application involves a claim as to ownership of land there are a few stages to pass, namely 1) consideration by a senior technician, 2) a site visit and 3) wider checks involving neighbouring or affected landowners.
All of these will take time to complete so even with expedition you are still looking at at least a 2 month wait and that is only likely if everything is on order - in my experience the timescale is far more likely to stretch to nearer 3 months in a best case scenario as the site visit (completed by Ordnance Survey) and wider checks cannot be expedited/chased for example. So some way to go yet.
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 10:43:33 GMT by C Law
Thanks Adam, appreciate your help with this matter.

Has there been any progress on this application?

For further updates, is it best to pester you via this forum, or should I/my solicitors be ringing LR?

Thanks again for your help,

Chelsea
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 11:26:10 GMT by Adam Hookway
Chelsea - I'll check with the casework team for an update as I can see the conveyancer has replied to a detailed request and need to see if next steps are being taken/considered.
Posting here is fine - phone calls to the support team will generally provide the same response but you may struggle to get through at busy times by phone
TT166124
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 11:44:23 GMT by Adam Hookway
Chelsea - I'm told we are waiting on a reply from the conveyancer to our last contact with them from 9th April. 

Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 12:18:13 GMT by C Law
Thank you. I'll ask my solicitors to chase the seller's conveyancers. They should have sent the application in January and it wasn't submitted until March so they're the ones holding everything up, which seems to still be the case.
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 15:11:57 GMT by C Law
Hi Adam

Apologies to come back to you so soon.

Sellers conveyancers have come back to our solicitor to say that they have responded to the requisitions.

Just wanted to check this is the case. 

Thanks,

Chelsea
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 05:41:01 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Chelsea - they did respond on the 9th April to change the application requirements. We went straight back to them same day to explain that we still needed a £40 registration fee to be paid/authorised but as yet they have not replied to that request.
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 07:46:25 GMT by C Law
Good morning Adam 

Has there been any movement? We were assured that the sellers solicitors would be getting in touch.

Thanks for your help.
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 09:57:27 GMT by Nimish Patel
Hi - I have responded to your latest post in the absence of my colleague. 

We have had confirmation from the solicitors and the application is currently being worked. 
TT166124
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 10:16:12 GMT by C Law
Thanks for the update :)

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in