Skip to main content
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2024 09:06:40 GMT by Tom Greatrex
Hi, 

I am looking for advice on how best to attach this situation. 

The title attached reflects the current red line boundary, however we would like to register the are highlighted in green aswell so it is then included in the red line boundary. 

When conducting a search on the land register I was unable to find anything tied to the green land parcels. 

Could someone help me determine the actions required to register this parcel so it can be included within the red line boundary please. 

Best Regards,
Tom Greatrex
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2024 10:37:34 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Tom - on what basis are you trying to include the extra land please? Are you trying to claim ownership perhaps or do you think an error has been made?
You haven't quoted a title number so unable to see if the land is registered or not.
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2024 13:32:25 GMT by Tom Greatrex
Hi Adam, 

We do not currently have a title number for the property. 

The basis is my boss currently owns a farm on the other land and thinks it should have been included when the red line boundary was drawn up. The land is currently used for farming/agricultural activities. 

My rational for saying it was not currently registered was when I conducted a search using the following link https://search-property-information.service.gov.uk/search/search-by-map/
at the property post code (EX16 8BP), I could not find one reference to that plot of land. 

What steps do we need to take first/what documents are required in order to get the green area included within the red line boundary ?

Best Regards,
Tom Greatrex

Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2024 13:51:03 GMT by Adam Hookway
Tom - ok, although there's a title number for the land outlined in red.
But the post code enables me to identify the farm and the land you are referring to is unregistered, hence you can't see any info for it online
If the extra land should have been included then the route to follow is a request to amend the title. Contact form and the option "I want to report an error"
However if it's not an error (so the original deeds never included the land) and you are trying to claim the land as it's been used and occupied for a long time then PG 5 explains what's needed
Adverse possession of (1) unregistered land and (2) registered land where a right to be registered was acquired before 13 October 2003 (PG5) - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2024 13:19:49 GMT by Tom Greatrex
Hi Adam, 

I was wondering if you have any guidance on the registering land for the first time process in particular the K15 form. 

I think I understand what inputs are required however, I am unsure on how to interpret the results. It is my understand my boss wishes to search using the name of his late father to see if he previously had ownership of the land. 

What would be considered a positive result, is it if the plot of land we are searching for is confirmed to be previously be under his possession.

Also how should we continue with the steps on https://www.gov.uk/registering-land-or-property-with-land-registry/register-for-the-first-time based on the land registry results ?

Thanks, 

Tom
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2024 13:50:51 GMT by Adam Hookway
Tom - form K15 is a Land Charges search form. So you need to read and follow the guidance provided in our PG 63
Practice guide 63: the land charges registers and agricultural credits register: registration, official search, office copy and cancellation - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Section 3.7 explains what the result may reveal
As far as then registering land for the first time is concerned then our PG1 section 4.4.5 refers 
First registrations (PG1) - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2024 13:56:34 GMT by Tom Greatrex
Thanks Adam, I will read the guidance. I just wanted to be crystal clear the correct first step in the instance where don't have access to the title deeds the correct first step would be to conduct a land charges search form rather than submitting the first registration form (FR1) ? 

Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2024 14:27:37 GMT by Adam Hookway
Tom - understood so IF you don't have the deeds you should be referencing PG 2. Section 2.2.5 refers to Land Charges
First registration of title if deeds are lost or destroyed (PG2) - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in