Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 13:33:57 GMT by Leonie Whyatt

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your quick response. By lodged do you mean submitted?

I will inform my solicitors, thanks for your help again so far hoping this will all prevent further delays.

Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 14:27:30 GMT by Adam Hookway
Leonie - correct - submitted/lodged/received are all the same thing from our perspective
Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 14:38:20 GMT by Leonie Whyatt
Thanks Adam.

Weve now received confirmation that the seller's solicitors  have sent off the final requisitions and they recieved confirmation from the land registry there was nothing else for the sellors solicitors to do.

I believe the issue was around the confirmation being sent to the wrong solicitors and this has now been resolved.

I believe the case may just be taking a while to update, and hopefully the final stage can now commence.

Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2024 10:34:40 GMT by Leonie Whyatt
Morning Adam,

We have received an update this morning that the land registry have confirmed over email to the vendors (enquiry reference 240306-3095259) that they have attached the sellers solicitors response to the requisition to the case.

Please can you confirm this has updated on your side?

Thank you 
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2024 11:47:10 GMT by Adam Hookway
Morning Leonie - their replies were added to the case on 9th March. I think that's all you are asking as just to confirm what the other side were told. 
Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2024 11:56:40 GMT by Leonie Whyatt

Thanks Adam that’s good to hear. Will check in end of week as to whether we have been able to move forward to final stage now requisitions have been attended. I believe the next stage is sending letters out to neighbours etc is that correct or unconfirmed at this stage?

Posted Mon, 11 Mar 2024 12:46:00 GMT by Adam Hookway
Leonie - that's correct but until the new information has been reviewed we can't be sure. Hopefully we will have a better idea later in the week as you rightly suggest
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2024 12:12:38 GMT by Adam Hookway

Leonie - unfortunately their reply was insufficient and we have gone back to them today to explain why. These issues need to be resolved still so no immediate end in sight still. Sorry

YY189959

Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2024 13:34:47 GMT by Leonie Whyatt

Hi Adam,

thanks for the update - can you clarify at all in how this was insufficient so I can raise this concern with our solicitor? I understand if not

Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2024 14:19:37 GMT by Adam Hookway
Leonie - I can't on a public forum and to be frank it's quite specific so something to ask the conveyancer to share and then discuss/consider with them as appropriate
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2024 14:43:20 GMT by Leonie Whyatt

No worries thank you Adam for the update.

Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2024 11:58:08 GMT by Leonie Whyatt

Hi Adam,

Apparently this has now been attended - please can you confirm? I appreciate this might take a while to update on the case so can check in at the end of the week if necessary.

Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2024 10:58:30 GMT by Leonie Whyatt

Hello,

Checking in again with it being the end of the week; please could you let me know if there are any further updates now the solicitors have attended what was insufficient?

Thank you

Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2024 13:21:29 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello Leonie - their replies have been added to the application today so the case will go back to the caseworker and lawyer for further consideration. Hopefully the conveyancer has provided a sufficient response
We won't know outcomes until next week at the earliest 
Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2024 11:23:30 GMT by Leonie Whyatt
Thanks Adam, your updates have been very helpful so far.

I will check in later in the week to see if there has been any progress.
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 13:59:38 GMT by Leonie Whyatt

Hi Adam,

We had the estate agents ring us today and inform us that this case has been escalated to senior partners at the firm. Do you have anymore information on this? Is this because something still isn’t sufficient or is it in a bid to speed up the process?

Thank you

Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2024 15:13:59 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Leonie - I think they mean it's been referred to one of our lawyers to consider. That's just normal procedure in such cases so not linked to any issue re sufficiency or speed. Complex applications will invariably have at least two pairs of eyes to review it inc caseworker and lawyer as in this case.
So nothing to be concerned about at this stage and all about what the lawyer then concludes
YY189959
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2024 09:17:29 GMT by Leonie Whyatt

Thanks for clarifying Adam, hopefully we get to the final stage soon so an end can be in sight, we were meant to complete in November 😢🙏🏻 thanks for your updates so far they have been really helpful!

Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2024 11:25:02 GMT by Leonie Whyatt

Morning Adam,

Do you know if there are any further updates this week?

Thank you

Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2024 12:44:10 GMT by Adam Hookway
Afternoon Leonie - we have reached what should be the final stage, hopefully, and notices have now been served. The conveyancer was notified on 20th March also
The expiry date for the notices is 12th April. Whilst recipients may respond earlier if they don;t then time runs out after 12th April and the registration is then likely to be completed shortly afterwards

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in