Skip to main content
Posted Wed, 07 Sep 2022 09:03:43 GMT by Adam Hookway
I would like to get an official copy of the deeds for my parents house. I would like to know how much this will cost as I am unsure of the amount of copies and also how can I pay online instead of sending a cheque. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 07 Sep 2022 09:07:53 GMT by Adam Hookway
You can request an official copy of the register and / or title plan by completing form OC1 and posting it to us. Enter the details of the land/property and the title number (our unique identifying reference) if you have it, then enter your own details into the applicant fields. If the land/property is registered, we will post you an official copy of the title register and / or title plan.
Official copies are admissible in court as evidence.Fees are payable - please see the Fee Guide. And the fee for a copy register or title plan is £7 each.
The register and title plan are the 'title deeds' - Cheques/postal orders should be made payable to HM Land Registry. There is no online payment if it is official copies that you require
Please send the completed application to
Land Registry Citizen Centre.
HM Land Registry,
Citizen Centre,
PO Box 74,
Gloucester,
GL14 9BB

Alternatively you can use our online property search and follow the guidance to obtain a copy of the title register and/or title plan. Once you have registered for the service you can view and download an electronic copy of the title register and/or title plan. The document you download won't be an 'official copy', so won't usually be accepted as evidence in a court.
Please remember to save the document if you choose this option as the downloads are only available for 36 hours after purchase.
Posted Fri, 31 Mar 2023 09:26:57 GMT by Adam Hookway
HM Land Registry is currently reviewing its support for members of the public. We’d like your views to help improve our service to you. Please fill in our anonymous survey

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in