Skip to main content
Posted Sun, 07 Jan 2024 20:07:26 GMT by Hic Bar
Hi, sorry if this was posted earlier. Wondering why there are three title entries ( 2 leasehold and one freehold) for the same property.

Confused as some leasehold properties have a leasehold and a freehold title, but others (probably leasehold) have 3 titles (2 leasehold and one freehold)
Thanks
Posted Mon, 08 Jan 2024 11:55:42 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Hic Bar - you can often have a freehold, head lease and sub lease so two leaseholds is not unusual
Posted Tue, 09 Jan 2024 07:39:48 GMT by Hic Bar
Thanks Adam.

What does this configuration (head and sub leases) mean please? Asking as I am interested in buying a house having this configuration. Any links to document about this or it is more complicated (a case by case basis)?
Thanks
Posted Tue, 09 Jan 2024 08:00:25 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hic Bar - you own the freehold and grant me a lease. I then grant a lease to someone else and create a sub-lease
If you are interested in buying a house then ask the seller or agent to confirm what you are buying (freehold or leasehold) and to confirm the title number as appropriate. That way you can check the correct title information to understand the configuration
Posted Tue, 09 Jan 2024 08:18:00 GMT by Hic Bar
Thanks Adam.

The seller/agent confirmed that the house tenure is a leasehold. I will check the title and try to understand the details (although not straightforward as per my previous experience with those docs).

Regards 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in