Skip to main content
Posted Thu, 29 Feb 2024 21:34:38 GMT by MARCUS Meston
Hi

I sent a DS1 form two months ago to remove a historical charge from property with title number K680841. The charge is still present. 

Could you please advise that this request has been received.

Thanks

Marcus
Posted Fri, 01 Mar 2024 08:48:01 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Marcus - nothing has been received re that title as yet
Posted Fri, 01 Mar 2024 09:54:25 GMT by MARCUS Meston
The original was sent recorded. Can I assume you'll accept a copy?

It took me 6 months to get Citibank to issue the original DS1 as they no longer have a department for residential mortgages. I have representing the family on a probate sale and this is holding up the distribution of funds.
Posted Fri, 01 Mar 2024 09:56:52 GMT by Adam Hookway
Marcus - understood and so you have proof of delivery? If so then please use the contact form to submit the specific details (and copy) so that the support team can investigate. 
Posted Fri, 01 Mar 2024 10:10:32 GMT by MARCUS Meston
Thank you. I have sent details via the contact form. I'd really appreciate it if someone could review urgently. 
Posted Fri, 01 Mar 2024 10:34:32 GMT by Adam Hookway
Marcus - noted and I have asked colleagues to escalate it. If you could only attach one document then reply to the response email with the second as assume the copy DS1 and proof of purchase are separate documents to provide
Posted Fri, 01 Mar 2024 11:00:29 GMT by MARCUS Meston
Thanks. 

I've replied to the response email and attached the various evidence documents.
Posted Wed, 06 Mar 2024 15:32:25 GMT by MARCUS Meston

Hi Adam,

I’ve received a reply saying I need a DS2 form completed by a conveyancing solicitor to complete the transaction. I understood from my solicitor that this is not required if I am only removing the existing charge. Could you please confirm.

Thanks

Posted Thu, 07 Mar 2024 08:41:44 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Marcus - form DS2 is an application form that goes hand in hand with the form DS1 used to then actually discharge the charge
Form DS1 does not stand on it's own and needs an application form which can be either a DS2 or AP1 in most cases
Posted Thu, 02 May 2024 21:08:50 GMT by MARCUS Meston
I am very disappointed to receive an email from yourselves confirming both receipt of the necessary documents ...... but notification that you have lost them.

It took me 18 months to get Citibank to prepare the DS1 form via their US corporate office. Now I need to start that process again. 

This is not the service I expected from HM Land Registry.  
Posted Fri, 03 May 2024 14:26:41 GMT by Adam Hookway
Marcus - I can understand your disappointment and can see that you have responded and that the matter has been escalated as requested. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in