Skip to main content
Posted Mon, 29 May 2023 11:46:48 GMT by Jane Rivers
Hi. Hope someone can help. We sold our house just over a year ago and have the TR1 for the transfer of the whole title to the new owner. Is it possible to obtain the same document from when we bought the house originally - over 20 years ago? Possibly a long shot, but we've hunted high and low and can't find it. We're basically looking for a document that gives the date we bought the house and the price we paid for it. 

Many thanks in advance if you can help-
Posted Tue, 30 May 2023 05:56:36 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Jane - you can apply by post using form OC2 and paying a £7 fee. Simply complete the form and provide the same detail re the document you require, namely "Transfer from around 2003 when A & B bought the property" 
Posted Tue, 30 May 2023 05:57:51 GMT by Adam Hookway
HM Land Registry is currently reviewing its support for members of the public. We’d like your views to help improve our service to you. Please fill in our anonymous survey

Posted Tue, 30 May 2023 09:15:11 GMT by Jane Rivers
Thank you Adam, that's exactly what I need.

Kind regards
Posted Tue, 30 May 2023 10:10:21 GMT by Jane Rivers
Sorry Adam, have a (probably silly) question about the form. Am I right to be asking for a document that is NOT referred to in the register, rather than one that is? I'm assuming a TR1 is not referred to in the register?

TIA again

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in