Skip to main content
Posted Wed, 07 Feb 2024 19:25:33 GMT by Gunther Staltmeier
I am in the process of selling our House, my Solicitor informed me that HSBC has a registered charge dated 5 April 2006. A Business Loan was taken out in 2006 for my franchise business  which in 2009 went into Voluntary Liquidation. HSBC Business Loan was paid in full in July 2009 and referenced by HSBC writing to me in Agust 2009 advising me "you are no longer bound by the Guarantee which was executed by you in our favour..." It seems that HSBC failed to inform The Title Register to have the charge removed. I am 72 and very upset that the sale of my House is now in jeopardy. Please help, what can I do to have the charge cancelled/discharged.
Gunther
Posted Fri, 09 Feb 2024 08:50:58 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello Gunther - sorry to read that you are upset and can understand why. You'll need to escalate it with HSBC to get them to 'discharge' (remove) their legal charge with us.
They would do that electronically and direct with us so I would suggest escalating that with HSBC to get it sorted asap. Your conveyancer should be able to assist.
DT339328
Posted Fri, 09 Feb 2024 10:19:07 GMT by Gunther Staltmeier
Hi Adam
Thank you so much, I appreciate your helpful reply. Have already asked my Conveyancing Solicitor to write to HSBC to get the charge removed. I am also providing her with more supportive evidence to forward to HSBC hopefully speeding this process along. Will talk to my Solicitor again and ask her to escalate this with HSBC as you suggested. Thanks again.
Regards
Gunther
Posted Fri, 09 Feb 2024 10:35:42 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Gunther - good idea and the best way to go here. It is all down to HSBC to resolve it for you and when they have they will deal with us by computer to computer and the charge is removed in seconds.
I've removed the attachments from your posts for privacy reasons so if you do post again then no need to attach anything. Just refer to the title number DT339328
Posted Fri, 09 Feb 2024 14:05:19 GMT by Gunther Staltmeier
Thank you Adam, most helpful. Hand delivered all supporting evidence to my Solicitor today. Now we just wait to hear back from HSBC. Will post the outcome of it once received. Thanks again.
Regards
Gunther
Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2024 09:18:13 GMT by Gunther Staltmeier
DT 339328
As yet no news from my Solicitor about HSBC. Is there a way I as the registered owner can apply to have HSBC charge removed. Have looked at Forms CN1, UN4 and UN2. I got very confused and would like advise which form is the appropriate one to use. Thank you for your help.
Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2024 09:44:12 GMT by Adam Hookway
Morning Gunther - those forms won;t cut it I'm afraid as they are for cancellation or withdrawal of a Notice. The HSBC charge is a registered legal charge so it's only a form DS1 form the actual lender that will do the job for you. They would normally send it to us electronically.
If no response from HSBC then escalate it perhaps?

Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2024 09:54:26 GMT by Gunther Staltmeier

Thank you Adam, i've finally understood it now. Will just go back to my Solicitor and ask her to escalate it with HSBC and demand they forward DS1 form asap.  It has been a week since she sent her redemption letter request to HSBC. 

Thank you again for your help and patience.

Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2024 10:18:53 GMT by Adam Hookway
Gunther - timescales tend to get stretched to a few weeks re such matters in my experience. It's a painful exercise for all in trying to get to the exchange/completion stage. And then suddenly HSBC will sort it and things can move on.
If you think it's gone through or you want to simply check in case then feel free to post again 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in