Skip to main content
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2024 10:42:11 GMT by Darren Hague
Hi there,

I recently paid off my mortgage and want to check that the charge has been removed by the lender.

A couple of days ago I bought a copy of the Title Register for £3 and can see it under "My documents", and the charge was still there (title number SY144513).

Yesterday I got a Property Alert notification stating "Application lodged by HBOS PLC" which I assume is to remove the charge, but it is still registered in the copy of the Title Register in "My documents".

Is my copy of the title register updated up until the "Available until" date of 13th October, or do I need to request another copy to see if the charge has been removed? If so, would this have been done already or does it take some time?

Thanks,
Darren Hague
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2024 10:50:14 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Darren - the bank applied to remove their legal charge (mortgage) yesterday hence the alert notification you received.
The register was then updated within seconds (at 17:43 actually).
Your previous download won't be updated as the online service is a snapshot in time so you get the currently available information at the time of requesting it.
If you want to see a copy of the register which no longer shows the charge then you would have to complete a new search and download
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2024 12:29:52 GMT by Darren Hague
Awesome - thank you for your help!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in