Skip to main content
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2023 15:16:06 GMT by Stewart Lawson
I've just received a completion of registration letter after applying for the discharge of a charge in my favour re title no. LA329765.  I was expecting all references to the charge to be removed from the Official copy of register of title but the charge is still listed under C: Charges register with a 2nd entry under C: charges register listing me as Proprietor of the charge. Furthermore under B. Proprietorship register - Title good leasehold item 4 states the registered estate cannot be disposed of without my written consent. As the whole point of discharging the charge was to remove any interest of mine in the property I don't understand how a) any charge can still be listed and b) how I can have any say in the disposal of the property.
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2023 08:59:36 GMT by Adam Hookway
Stewart - there were two charges on the register and only one application to discharge one of them.
You would have needed a second form DS1 or quoted both charge dates on your form DS1.
You'll need to make a new application if you want the first charge discharged as well
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2023 12:07:56 GMT by Stewart Lawson
I haven't a copy of my submitted DS1, can you tell me what I put in answer to Q.4?  I'd just assumed any charge in my name would be removed. lsn't it possible to just submit a second DS1 for it to be considered as an inadvertent omission to my original application? Starting from scratch with all 3 forms DS1, DS2 and ID3 will obviously take another few months
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2023 12:43:06 GMT by Adam Hookway
Stewart - the form DS1 is specific re the charge date(s) referenced. So you referred to just the one date so just the one charge was discharged.
I would suggest that you submit a second application using form DS2 and DS1 and explain what happened and refer to the ID3 already submitted
Whilst we may ask you to verify your identity again the request to process it without can be considered based on what was previously supplied and the new application/additional information  I can't guarantee success though as that will depend on your explanation and what was previously provided
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2023 13:47:15 GMT by Stewart Lawson
Ok thanks Adam
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2023 13:54:24 GMT by Adam Hookway
Stewart - post again on here a week after you've posted it and I'll see if I can flag it to be processed sooner rather than later. I can't influence the ID aspects but can try and help reduce the wait time
Posted Fri, 08 Dec 2023 08:43:08 GMT by Stewart Lawson

Hi Adam, I posted a week ago and put a covering letter in asking for it to be expedited. I included a fresh ID3

Posted Fri, 08 Dec 2023 08:56:07 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Stewart - we've received it and it was added to the system on the 5th Dec. So it needs processing now - the casework team will contact you when that starts/is completed as appropriate so please bear with them
LA329765

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in