Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 21 Jul 2023 07:57:54 GMT by Mak Massoud
I bought a house in 2013 and the solicitor at the time sent me a completion letter to confirm he paid stamp duty and land registry.
In 2023 I realised by a notification from Land registry that the property was still on the seller's name. I enquired from LR to find that the TR1 was sent back to the solicitor and he never sent it back to them.

The solicitor sadly passed away and the firm ceased in 2017. SRA said they no longer hold any documents related to this property. The seller's conveyancer ceased in 2021 and was taken over by Solicitor's firm who sent me a copy of the signed TR1.
My question is: Can I submit a new TR1 including the old one with the signatures of the seller on the form without the need of a solicitor.

Thank you so much in advance for any reasonable solution to this complex problem 
Posted Fri, 21 Jul 2023 08:44:20 GMT by Adam Hookway
Mak - you can submit an application and supporting evidence and we can then consider whether it's acceptable or not. There's no reasonable solution to offer ahead of that submission
We will then consider your application and raise a request for more, if needed, as appropriate
Posted Fri, 21 Jul 2023 09:58:40 GMT by Mak Massoud
Adam. Thank you so much . Would you kindly advise me how to get a statement that the stamp duty was paid. The solicitor charged me the fees at the time and I believe he paid the fees. I have strong faith in him; he dealt with me for a number of years afterwards. I think this was a glitch. thank you so much again
Posted Fri, 21 Jul 2023 10:15:51 GMT by Adam Hookway
Mak - you'll need to contact HMRC to see what records they have retained re payment 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in