Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 13:46:09 GMT by Adrienne Grieve

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your previous help with my house sale. There remain two items that are blocking the sale currently and I've been advised both need to be brought to the Land Registry; could anyone provide any information on whether the Land Registry would be able to provide evidence that covenants have been complied with?

Specifically with regard to points 11.3.2 and 11.3.3.

Transfer deed is attached.

Thank you in advance

Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 14:07:28 GMT by Adam Hookway
G A Adrienne - you can see, on the registers for each title number, that the restriction and agreed notice have been registered as per the conditions of the Transfer.
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 14:11:57 GMT by Adrienne Grieve
Hi Adam, 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! Does that mean that I should be able to refer to the registers for each title number to show that they have been complied with - or have I totally misunderstood? 

Thanks

Adrienne
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 14:18:39 GMT by Adam Hookway

Hi Adrienne - each register refers to the restriction and Option to purchase as per the terms of the 2018 Transfer. The clauses you refer to state that is what had to be done, and both were then registered on application and I assume that's what you mean by compliance.

If you mean whether any subsequent Transfer or other disposition complied with the restriction then whilst you can assume that they did, as each was registered, or you can apply for an official copy of the certificates provided on each subsequent application.

There's no compliance linked to an option to purchase other than the persons with the benefit of the option then exercising it as appropriate.

Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 14:32:41 GMT by Adrienne Grieve
Hi Adam, 

Okay thank you - it looks like our buyer's solicitors aren't happy to go with the option of making a logical deduction from the two and we will need to apply for the certificates. 

I'm assuming my conveyancer will need to do this - 

Thanks again

Adrienne

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in