Skip to main content
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 22:43:36 GMT by Ahsan Ullah Kreeshan
Dear Sirs/Madam,
I bought a property that has two titles: one is freehold and the other is leasehold. Since I own both, I want to put them together into just one freehold title. Or, if possible, I'd like to get rid of the leasehold title altogether.
Can you please send me the form I need to fill out, tell me how much it costs, and explain what I have to do to make this happen with the land registry?
Looking forward to hearing from you
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2024 06:32:01 GMT by Adam Hookway

Merger can occur where a leasehold estate in land, together with the reversionary estate, come into the ownership of the same person and are held in the same capacity.

There must also be a clear intention to merge the estates.

Any mortgage on the leasehold title must be discharged.

The lease is absorbed by the reversionary estate and thus determined. For details of the various situations that may be encountered, the treatment of beneficial easements affecting the leasehold estate and how to make your applications against any affected titles, please see Determination: on merger.

You also need to take appropriate action in respect of the Points to consider on all applications, which sets out:

• what forms you should complete in respect of each affected title - form AP1
  • the documents you need to send
  • how to act if either the lease being determined or its reversionary title are unregistered
  • fees payable - £40 payable by cheque/postal order to HM Land Registry
  • how to deal with any incumbrances affecting the determined lease

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in