Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 15:04:39 GMT by Jackie Joyce
Thank you Adam for your help regarding my original thread. I did as you suggested and my application was lodged on 21 July 2023, asking for my original title to be amalgamated with the title for two adjoining pieces of land purchased from my neighbour.

I have now received a one page document/letter back from HMLR saying that my request has been completed with a ‘Historical copy of register of title’ attached. However, I did not receive a revised copy of a plan. 

On the Historical copy of register of title, after each section it states “21.07.2023 REGISTER CLOSED” . Does this mean that this title number is no longer active, especially as the register is now ‘historical’? 
Should I have received a new title number and corresponding plan which covers my original house and the additional newly acquired land? 

many thanks in advance. 
Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 15:14:25 GMT by Adam Hookway
Jackie - interesting items received as I would only expect an historical edition of the register to be issued if you applied for one using form HC1 for example
If there was an application submitted on 21st July and the titles amalgamated then it seems that means this one was closed. So just two titles but three parcels of land. And so you have a single title now for all three and I would have expected you to have also received that copy - post can be a funny thing so maybe it's on it's way separately but delayed for some reason
Happy to check re what's happened but note you have not shared the title number(s)
Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 15:49:32 GMT by Jackie Joyce
Hi Adam,
the title numbers are 
- our original (now historic) number WA856566
- title for the additional plots - CYM866198
thanks Jackie 
Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 16:00:52 GMT by Adam Hookway
Thanks Jackie - so the new registered information under title CYM866198 was issued electronically to the lodging firm, Carreg Law Limited
Your application was against the second title WA856566 and was the request to amalgamate only. I would have perhaps expected us to simply confirm either it had been done and advised that the new information had been issued to the conveyancer or same confirmation and here's a copy of the new info 
The system will have generated the historical edition and confirmation you received but I'd have expected us to have supressed that in some way.
Let's see if I can get a copy of the new information to you by email although I'd hope your conveyancer would be sharing that detail with you any way

Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 16:06:08 GMT by Adam Hookway
Jackie - email with attachment now sent.
Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 16:28:55 GMT by Jackie Joyce
Thank you so much Adam that’s brilliant. 
final questions:

1. the information in paragraphs A, B and C on WA856566 e.g how much we purchased the house for (£162,000)  has not been transferred on to the new title - should we be concerned about this as the current title CYM866198 only makes reference to £20,00 which was for the additional pieces of land and not the whole of the area marked in red on the plan?

2. the personal covenants are also not included - can I assume these are now redundant? 

Posted Sat, 09 Mar 2024 08:02:18 GMT by Adam Hookway
Jackie - 1. No re being concerned as it is simply an information entry based on the 'fact'
2. If they have not been included then they are no longer on the register. 
With regards both points though I would recommend using the contact form to report an error (albeit only a possible one) 
Personally I would have expected the personal covenants to have been retained and the price paid entry omitted but that's very much a casework team consideration.
Posted Sat, 09 Mar 2024 10:06:29 GMT by Jackie Joyce

Thank you Adam for all your help it’s very much appreciated.  

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in