Skip to main content
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2023 17:48:13 GMT by Simon Hobby
Hello,
I’m looking for information regarding the construction date of a pavement that runs adjacent to my property. 
The pavement runs from The Elms to Brook Rise ialong the west side of Clos Pentregros, Oakdale, South Wales. I know it was constructed after 2006 when the Brook Rise housing development gained planning permission but I require the exact date.  Having searched the internet and in particular the Caerphilly County Council Website I have not found what I require. The only information I have is that the Brook Rise Estate gained planning permission in 2005. 
Can you either provide the date of the construction of the pavement or where I should look please?
Thank you,
Simon. 
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2023 07:44:30 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello Simon - we don't record the age of pavements so I would recommend contacting the actual landowner direct to see if they can assist. 
If the land/pavement is registered then the register will confirm the legal ownership - you can search online for registered information or we can complete a search of the index map for you as explained in our online guidance 
The alternative is to look at the register for a property adjoining the pathway to see when the builder sold the plot to the first private owner. It won;t give you a precise date for the path's age but it will get you within range for example.
Otherwise it's back to the local authority to see if they have any history re the development of the sites/roads or local knowledge perhaps?

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in