Skip to main content
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2024 18:33:43 GMT by Reece Hamilton
I understand all properties on new build - Beevers Garth, Howden, DN14 7EH have not yet been processed by the Housing Association they are under (Karbon Homes) - still currently under Barratt.

I have just sold 1 Beevers Garth, and is currently holding up a sale. I understand the application has been expedited for Karbon Homes, which then means the application my conveyancer has submitted is right behind it. My conveyancer has since informed me that HMLR had some questions on the application, with Karbon failed to reply to, which means the application has now expired and means my conveyancer's has also?

How do we go about getting this reopened - I would also like to know the main contact behind the case at Karbon Homes which I have failed to retrieve at this point.
This has been nearly a 3 month wait now and would like to ensure the sale does not fall through because of this?

Thanks
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 06:53:01 GMT by Adam Hookway
Reece - I'm sorry to read that's the case. If the HA's application has been cancelled then they would need to resubmit it having resolved whatever was wrong with it. 
As for the main contact at Karbon Homes I'd recommend asking your conveyancer for that information as they will know who that might be through the HA. 
Happy to have a closer look if you can share the plot number involved/provisional title number?
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 07:58:32 GMT by Reece Hamilton

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the quick response much appreciated.

I will let my Conveyancer know and see what they say.

The plot number for Beevers Garth, Howden, DN14 7EH is 281

Thanks

Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 08:07:43 GMT by Adam Hookway
Reece - many thanks and I think it's best to pursue with your conveyancer.
The development is a very busy one with multiple pending applications. All I can see re Plot 281 is that your lease purchase was submitted but cancelled as the landlord's own application had not been submitted as yet.
So it looks like your conveyancer needs to follow up with the landlord to find out when their conveyancer is going to submit their own application to register the plot (and others) following the transfer to them by the developer.
HS234273
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 17:11:21 GMT by Reece Hamilton
Thanks Adam much appreciated - I have passed this on and hopefully this moves things along.
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 10:32:13 GMT by Reece Hamilton
Hi Adam.

Thanks again for this info - proved to be helpful.
I am pleased to confirm that both applications are back in and have both been expedited so hopefully not too long in terms of the delay.

Thanks for the help so far.
Reece
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 12:42:29 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Reece - understood and that's correct that we now have two new applications, one to register the HA title and one to then register your leasehold purchase. Lodged 17th and 18th respectively
I will flag them to be expedited, as no request to do so as yet it seems, but they are of course behind a significant number of other applications pending against Bellway's title. Progress may still be hampered but we will have to see how it now plays out
YEA109399   
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 12:53:32 GMT by Reece Hamilton
Hi Adam

Thanks for confirming - what is the current approximate lead time for this with all the other applications pending?
Would be handy if this was able to be made priority further, given the implications of the house sale/pending purchase.

Thanks
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 13:25:49 GMT by Adam Hookway
Reece - impossible to be time definitive re these types of application simply because the complexities around the sequence of lodgement, priorities achieved and how the development has evolved all play a part.
Expedition will at least get the casework team considering (usually within 2 weeks) whether the HA application can be done out of priority order and if it can (and it is now in order of course) then hopefully your individual purchase can follow suit.
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 13:21:09 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Reece - the two applications have been processed but neither are in order and we have contacted the conveyancers today. You'll need to contact them to confirm and to clarify what's required and when they hope to be able to respond in full
YEA109391 & YEA109399 
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2024 14:08:30 GMT by Reece Hamilton
Hi Adam

Thanks for your help up to this point.
I understand this is now with the conveyancers - any update you may have from your side you can see would be appreciated.

Thanks
Reece
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2024 14:36:45 GMT by Nimish Patel
Hi Reece - I have responded to your latest post in the absence of my colleague. 

We are still waiting for a response from the conveyancers. 
Posted Thu, 02 May 2024 12:38:15 GMT by Reece Hamilton
Hi 

I have chased this up this week and understand this is now back with you for response and the housing association's solicitors are awaiting a response.
Please confirm.

Thanks
Reece
Posted Thu, 02 May 2024 12:42:18 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Reece - nothing submitted as yet against either of the two applications referred to so I assume whatever they have sent is still in transit. Normally responses would be sent through their secure portal and added immediately to the cases. That hasn't happened as yet.
YEA109391 & YEA109399 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in