Skip to main content
Posted Sun, 30 Jul 2023 17:06:29 GMT by Michael Siggers
Hi

Many years ago, following a bad financial period, I defaulted on a finance agreement with Black Horse. Subsequently, a charge a place on the property for the amount owed. No issue with that.

However, for some reason, the charge is duplicated and appears twice on my Title. i have the original paperwork and it has the same account number, (I only had one agreement with Black Horse), same court reference, and same amount. The charges on the Title are identical too, apart from a grammatical error, with a repeated word on one of them.

I'm at the vary last stage of selling my house which should have completed on Friday, but this duplication is proving a problem. My Solicitor has asked the debt management company to confirm that it is a duplicate, but I'm wondering if there is anything I can do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Mike
Posted Mon, 31 Jul 2023 07:52:19 GMT by Nimish Patel
Hi Michael - Can you provide me the title number so that I can check.
Posted Mon, 31 Jul 2023 08:03:31 GMT by Michael Siggers

Hi Nimish

Thank you for the reply.

The Title Number is SYK80710

Kind regards

Mike

Posted Mon, 31 Jul 2023 08:39:08 GMT by Nimish Patel
Hi Michael -  Thank you for the details. 

Having looked at the entries and the evidence that was submitted, it does appear to relate to the same issue.  It is not a duplication as a result of some kind of error on our part though, as separate applications were submitted to us.  We would not be privy to the reasons why the application is submitted or what's happening behind the scenes so it is unlikely that we would query about the reasons. 

If an application is being submitted to remove the entry then I would suggest that it refers to both the entries. 

I hope this helps. 
Posted Mon, 31 Jul 2023 08:57:52 GMT by Michael Siggers
Hi Nimish

Many thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated.

Yes, I didn't think it was an error by Land Registry, it was just to get your opinion and confirm that it was the same issue ie the same debt to the same company.

Kind regards

Mike

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in