Skip to main content
Posted Tue, 12 Sep 2023 13:40:35 GMT by Fakhira Khanam
I have a registered Home Right under section 56(5) of the Family Law Act 1996 on my Civil Partner's property. I have ongoing case proceedings in Family Court w-r-t Financial Remedy specifically w-r-t Property Adjustment Order. I want to check whether or if any applications are made by my spouse to ammend, cancel, or challenge my home right charge on the property and whether I can submit new evidence to HMLR for continuity of protection of my rights. The case being false claims of third party's interests on the property.

What forms or information do I need to use to: (A) inform HMLR of court proceedings , (B) How can I get information on whether an application is in place, (C) How can I submit new evidence w-r-t to further protection of my home right.

Thankyou for Guidance.
Posted Mon, 18 Sep 2023 12:19:08 GMT by Adam Hookway
Fakhira - you can submit a form OS3 to check if any applications are pending. Cost £7
You can set up a Property Alert (free) to be notified if a significant application is submitted going forward
If you have registered a Notice to protect your rights then there is nothing further to provide/no update to be made. You can check the register online to confirm. 
Posted Mon, 18 Sep 2023 12:39:42 GMT by Fakhira Khanam
Dear Adam Hookway,

Thankyou for your reply. This has clarified all questions.

Kindest Regards,
Fakhira
Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 09:21:11 GMT by Danielle Owens (maiden name Cafferkey)
Both of my properties are subject to a Court Order granting me the majority of the equity in the property by Court Order as part of divorce proceedings.

I learned last night my husband not only stole rental money through false means from me sat in escrow with an estate agent but produced an altered and redacted Court Order to both agents dealing with the sale.

I learned last night that on 2 November 2023, he sold one of my properties without my knowledge.  It has not had the sale completed as yet.  I urgently need a charge preventing the sale as its his law firm dealing with the conveyance and they have been inappropriate throughout proceedings and did not at all expect there would be a split of properties in my favour.  The charge needs to go on both properties so I can gain some control over price and sale.  I need a private means to discuss 30 years of abuse but this matter NEEDS to be dealt with urgently as he has dropped the price on the main family home also by £100k (again without my knowledge and I only learned of this last Friday).

I should be grateful for your urgent assistance.

Regards

Danielle
Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 12:56:02 GMT by Nimish Patel
Danielle - I am not sure what kind of assistance you are look for.  We can only help with general guidance about land registration procedures.  From what you have mentioned, you need to speak to your legal advisor.  HM Land Registry cannot help any guidance on what you should do. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in