Skip to main content
Posted Thu, 10 Aug 2023 17:45:19 GMT by R Bram
Hi - I moved into my house in January and I am currently waiting for the registry to update with my name.  It currently still shows as the developer I bought it from.  I've heard nothing from my solicitor so far (did tell me in January that this process would take a while to go through so I wasn't too worried).  However, someone told me about signing up for alerts to see when a change is made to the registry which I have now done.  I can see my solicitor put an application through in March but also that a bank has put an application in May.  This is not the bank I have a mortgage with and I have no accounts with them.  Could you tell me what this application by the bank may be?  I have contacted my solicitor repeatedly and asked for progress in the last couple of weeks and will chase again but I am concerned about the bank application and its connection to myself.
Many thanks
Posted Fri, 11 Aug 2023 06:45:51 GMT by Adam Hookway
R Bram - wait times are very long at present but providing your solicitor has submitted the application your purchase is protected. Ask them to confirm the new title number and case reference as that will confirm lodgement
If you've set up an alert against the developer's title you will be notified of applications affecting their title, not yours. So no rogue application or anything to worry about
As your new title does not yet exist you can't set an alert against it.
If you can share the developer's title and your Plot number happy to confirm receipt and offer the roughest of estimates as to when it might be considered?
Posted Fri, 11 Aug 2023 06:49:06 GMT by R Bram

Thank you Adam.  I have been very concerned!  Is there a way I can share the title and address information with you confidentially and not on a public forum?  I saw a link to a contact form on another post but wasn't sure which department my query needed to go to.

Posted Fri, 11 Aug 2023 07:10:14 GMT by Adam Hookway
R Bram - please use the contact form if you want privacy 
Posted Fri, 11 Aug 2023 07:14:12 GMT by R Bram
Thanks again - I have just submitted the form.  Any information you can give me would be super.  My conveyancer has been slow to respond but appreciate waiting times etc.
Posted Fri, 11 Aug 2023 07:52:50 GMT by Adam Hookway
R Bram - understood and the support team will respond as soon as they can but it won't be for several days I suspect as they get 1,000s of enquiries each day
You've used a different email address to the one used on the forum so I can't see your enquiry submission
Posted Fri, 11 Aug 2023 07:55:27 GMT by R Bram
This is the enquiry reference if that is any help?  230811-2339280  Same email address but a different name.  Thank you for your help.  I really appreciate this!
Posted Fri, 11 Aug 2023 08:36:19 GMT by Adam Hookway
R Bram - ok so we have an application to register your purchase submitted in March and processed in July but we need more from your conveyancer. Contacted them on 6th July but no reply as yet
The second application, for which you got an alert, was from a lender to remove their legal charge. But they'd already done that in January so it's not needed again. So not rogue, just unnecessary and nothing to be concerned by.
You'll need to chase your conveyancer as suggested to get them to confirm receipt of the request dated 6th July and ask them to respond as appropriate.
You'll need to confirm the specific details re the request with them as well
Posted Fri, 11 Aug 2023 08:38:50 GMT by R Bram
Thank you so much.  This has hugely put my mind at rest.  The power of google is not helpful sometimes!  I will chase the conveyancer again.  Very helpful information for me to go back to the conveyancer with.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in