Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 18 Aug 2023 21:25:20 GMT by Lorcan Smith
Hello, 

I'm currently purchasing a leasehold property, where the lease extension was never registered. It has now been expedited with the land registry, but my solicitors and estate agents I'm buying through can't provide a time frame. 

I'm dependent on being able to buy this property for my own sale to go through. 

Are you able to provide any indication of time for this?

The property is in Wales, 54A Morden Road, Newport, NP19 7ES. 

Thanks! 
Posted Sat, 19 Aug 2023 05:06:27 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello Lorcan - it's been partially processed but we needed more from the conveyancer. They were contacted on 10th July and replied in part on the 12th July and nothing since
I'd suggest contacting them to confirm and to explain that we are still waiting for the rest of the requested information 
You'll need them to confirm the specifics of what's been requested
CYM871487
Posted Sat, 19 Aug 2023 07:35:22 GMT by Lorcan Smith
Thank you, I appreciate getting an update! 
Posted Tue, 05 Sep 2023 08:18:20 GMT by Lorcan Smith

Hi Adam, 

I am chasing the solicitors and estate agents as well, they are telling me it should be done "immenently" (they've been using that word for 2 weeks which renders it pointless).

Have the land registry received all information you need now? If not I will push them more. 

Thanks, 

Lorcan

Posted Tue, 05 Sep 2023 09:00:04 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Lorcan - we are still waiting. Last contact from conveyancer was on 30th Aug. We contacted them on 31st Aug and reminded them on 4th Sept also. So ball remains in their court it seems

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in