Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 28 Jul 2023 07:38:32 GMT by Ian Lightbown
Good morning
i had a secured loan charge against my property which was redeemed and paid in full 9th January 2023.
I am currently selling my house and the charge is still showing, the solicitor appointed by the mortgage company who dealt with this requested this be expedited on 7th July. This as of yesterday has still not been removed. The whole moving chain is being held up by this charge against my property. 
potentially the whole process could collapse because of this
my questions are as follows
1: will this be resolved as a matter of urgency
2: are the timescales acceptable 
Ian Lightbown
Smithy Fold
12 Watling Street
Affetside
Bury
BL8 3QS
Posted Fri, 28 Jul 2023 07:44:17 GMT by Adam Hookway
G M Ian - I'll check with colleagues as to what the delay might be but there are two pending applications, both from January, and that may be part of the reason for the delay
Hopefully matters can be progressed quickly as the second one is expedited
As far as timescales are concerned often the length of wait has no impact on the owner but if there's an onward sale for example then the expedite option exists to help reduce that wait time
Posted Fri, 28 Jul 2023 07:53:48 GMT by Ian Lightbown

Thank you for your prompt reply

i would really appreciate your help with getting this resolved as a matter of urgency 

Posted Fri, 28 Jul 2023 08:09:44 GMT by Adam Hookway

Ian - will do my best. Post again Monday morning and we may have an update for you but if I get something sooner I will share

GM447668

Posted Mon, 31 Jul 2023 07:28:47 GMT by Ian Lightbown

Good morning

Following on from my post friday, could you please update me on where this is up to?

Thanks

Posted Mon, 31 Jul 2023 07:51:07 GMT by Nimish Patel
Good morning Ian - Both applications have been completed and confirmation issued to the conveyancers who submitted them.  There is nothing pending on the title currently. 
Posted Mon, 31 Jul 2023 07:55:23 GMT by Ian Lightbown
Thats great news, thank you for the update

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in