Skip to main content
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2024 01:00:04 GMT by Rick Livingstone
There are identical Part C charges on the above titles which refer to different sections of the same lane.
I am the owner of Overend House, as mentioned in the charges, and believe that I have access to use the relevant parts of the lane 'at all times for all reasonable purposes'.
I instructed a solicitor to investigate whether these charges are still extant and he has consequently advised me that, in his opinion, they are 'in all likelihood obselete'. However he has been unable to provide any evidence to back up this statement…..
Under what situation/s could these charges remain on the title but be obselete?
Especially as CU91569 is a very new version of the title.
I am somewhat perplexed and hope you can provide clarification.
Kind regards,
Rick Livingstone.

Posted Tue, 02 Apr 2024 06:48:09 GMT by Adam Hookway
Rick - your first port of call with regards what rights (easements - not charges) would be your own registered title  CU101321
The subjective rights you refer to on the two titles mentioned are not obsolete and it's possible that the solicitor is referencing the fact that whilst the two titles refer to these subjective rights the details differ in some ways from your own title.
Our PG 62 offers guidance on easements and how they can be protected on a registered title and also removed/extinguished for example although as they remain on the registers the latter has not been applied for. 
There is presumably a specific reason for you questioning what rights you have, don;t have, and I would recommend discussing the Q with your solicitor to consider what the answer is.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in