Skip to main content
Posted Thu, 19 Oct 2023 14:19:12 GMT by Mark Hanson
Good afternoon

As I'm sure many other firms will agree, we are currently suffering in our Post Completion department with an enormous amount of outstanding discharge requests for Homes & Communities Agency discharges, particularly since the migration and crossover from Target to Homes England came into play. Speaking to Homes England employees on the phone, it seems even they are frustrated with the lack of information as to what is going on regarding these discharges, and it currently seems to be a total mess there.

Given this information, and knowing that there was a previous trial of Land Registry holding off on supplying requisitions on files (I believe for about 3 weeks?) where there was an outstanding discharge to be made, would it be something that the Land Registry would again consider? I am just trying to think of any way to combat the significant uptick of requisitions and Warnings of Cancellations provided due to Homes England's inefficiency to action these discharges.

Any other advice you may have regarding this would be greatly appreciated, of course.

Thank you

Mark Hanson
Post Completion Supervisor
Sort Legal Limited
Posted Fri, 20 Oct 2023 08:35:34 GMT by Adam Hookway
G M Mark - it is something we are also aware of and I'll check with colleagues to confirm what our current approach is and whether a change of tack, if required, is warranted/planned for example

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in