Skip to main content
Posted Mon, 08 Apr 2024 10:24:40 GMT by Harriet George
Good morning, 

We are in the process of buying our first property, and the ex- wife of the current owner has a Home Rights Notice on the Title. She applied to remove this around 5-6 weeks ago, and we have not heard anything in respect of updates. The Title Number is K333349. 

We are obviously keen to get this resolved as we are ready to move asap, and the seller has moved into rented accomodation so the property is empty which is far from ideal. 

Thanks 
Posted Mon, 08 Apr 2024 10:31:32 GMT by Adam Hookway
G M Harriet - received 24th March and waiting to be processed. Wait times are lengthy so where there's an urgency we ask applicants to request expedition - they haven't done so it seems
Expedition reduces the wait time and I'll flag the urgency with colleagues. Hopefully it can be processed quickly and provided the application is in order completed swiftly. 
Post again in a few days and we can check again for an update
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2024 07:35:21 GMT by Harriet George
Dear Adam, 

Did you get any further update on this? The ex wife made the application and I don't believe she asked for it to be expedited, I am not sure whether we can do that or not off the back of her application or is it something she would need to do? 

You have been the most helpful so far out of all the professionals we are dealing with in the purchase of our first home. 

Many thanks.
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2024 07:49:51 GMT by Adam Hookway
Dear Harriet - it was expedited on the 8th so it should be processed shortly. Everything should remain crossed that the form has been completed correctly and the entry can then be removed.
I suggested posting again for an update so I could check for progress so feel free to do so again Friday but if it progresses in the interim I will share here
Expedition reduces the remaining wait time and generally speaking to under 10 days. Often it's much sooner than that but with so many applications I can't be definitive re which day or how many days it may still wait other than much less than it would have done without expedition
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 14:04:22 GMT by Adam Hookway
Harriet - it's been processed but unfortunately the form hadn't been completed in full. We've gone back to the applicant to get a correctly completed form.
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 14:10:27 GMT by Harriet George
Thank you for letting me know Adam. 

That's incredibly frustrating considering we are nearly at the 20 week mark since our offer was accepted, we are first time buyers and there is no chain! 

Will they have to resubmit and begin the process again, or can the form just be amended/ added to as necessary?

Thanks 
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 14:52:26 GMT by Adam Hookway
Harriet - they simply have to respond with a complete form and things should then progress swiftly from there
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2024 10:51:43 GMT by Harriet George
Good morning, 

Is there any update on this do you know?

Thanks
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2024 11:05:16 GMT by Adam Hookway
G A Harriet - still waiting for new form/reply it seems
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 12:28:50 GMT by Harriet George

Hi Adam, 

Is there any update on this?

Kind regards 

Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 06:01:52 GMT by Nimish Patel
Harriet - I have responded to your post in the absence of my colleague. 

We are still awaiting response to our query. 
Posted Wed, 01 May 2024 15:49:56 GMT by Harriet George
Good afternoon

We have been informed the application is with the appropriate team. Please can this be confirmed?

Kind regards 
Posted Thu, 02 May 2024 07:01:09 GMT by Adam Hookway
G M Harriet - a new HR4 form has been submitted so as you state the case is now back with the casework team to review. Hopefully it can be completed quickly from here
K333349

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in