Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2023 13:26:05 GMT by Stephen Cooper
I am executor and beneficiary of my late mothers estate.
whilst selling her property a problem with the registration has been brought to light.
her middle name is not correct on the land registry document.
need advise as how to correct this error so that the sale can progress.
any feedback would be much appreciated 
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2023 14:21:18 GMT by Adam Hookway
Stephen - if you need to correct it then you'll need to apply to amend the register (form AP1 - panels 1-7 inc and 15) and send it with supporting evidence to confirm the correct name for example copy of her birth/death certificate 
Include a covering letter to explain what you are doing and why and as you are selling explain that in the letter and ask us to expedite it - otherwise it's likely to wait several weeks
Suggest you post on here again a few days after you've posted it to confirm receipt etc
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2023 14:58:31 GMT by Stephen Cooper
Dear Adam,
Thank you for your quick reply and advise. I have passed this information on to the sollicitor dealing with this matter on my behalf.
I am under the impression that the course of action you suggest we follow has already been pursued by the solicitor and that a reply was sent back from Fauzia Iqbal at LR informing that lr cannot take action in respect of a deceased proprietor?

Letter reference V173ZDT is the case reference.

Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated again to help me move this forward.
Regards
Steve C

Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2023 15:56:26 GMT by Adam Hookway
Stephen - thanks for sharing the more specific details so I would recommend the solicitor do as directed by our letter dated 21st November.
Apply to update the register to record the death, confirm that the person name don the register and in the probate are one and the same, and register the executor(s) int heir capacity as such 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in