Skip to main content
Posted Tue, 02 Apr 2024 13:11:36 GMT by M Watras
Hello,

I live in a property SYK409777. The house owner of 220 states they have a right of access to their harden via ours although this doesn't seem to be depicted in the plan.
The house had one tenant in the basement flat that has direct access to the garden when we purchased the property. In the last 6 months the landlord renovated the house and now has 5 separate tenants living in the house, living individually as 'bedsits'. The new tenants that have moved in have been accessing the garden via the right of access ie our garden.
The deeds of SYK182172 ( number 220) do not seem to reflect that the house is now individually rented to 5 tenants.
Please can I check whether that should be reflected in the land registry if there was an agreement from the council to convert the house into 5 flats? And if the other tenants who do not have access to the garden via their flats should be able to access the garden via our garden when that was not the case when we purchased the house?
Many thanks
Posted Tue, 02 Apr 2024 13:41:49 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello - the registered information will confirm what rights have been granted/reserved and registered on the titles you refer to.
We don't register 'rentals' or short term lets (less than 7 years) so would not have any information with regards how Number 220 has been split/let. The council would be aware of any planning approvals but are unlikely to be aware of any specific rental agreements for example.
I would recommend seeking legal advice and/or clarifying with the owner of Number 220 what the rental arrangements are and what rights (if any) have been included and/or whether they match/comply with the registered rights enjoyed by 220 for example

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in