Skip to main content
Posted Sun, 25 Feb 2024 00:27:42 GMT by Janet Byrne
Hi 
Im executor and beneficiary of my late Mums estate which includes her half share of the house as a tenant in common along with my Dad. The house still has a small mortgage on in both their names but the mortgage company are aware of my Mums death due to me having to deal with my Dads affairs as he has had 2 strokes in 3 months and very poorly.
I would sincerely appreciate if anyone could tell me which forms I have to use in order to change my Mums name to mine on the title deeds as a tenant in common along with my Dad . I’ve got the Grant of Probate but have also got to complete any sections my Dad has to sign as his Power of Attorney ( I have a certified copy).
Will the restrictions A stay in place ? 
Do I have to send;
Death Certificate , Grant of Probate , Power of Attorney, 
my id and an id form and an AS1 ?
Do I have to also send a form to inform you of Mums death or is her Death Certificate etc sufficient ?
I can’t afford a solicitor but am fairly confident I will be able to complete the forms using Landregistry tutorials . I I am replacing  my Mum as a tenant in common .
I am also her executor and sole beneficiary.
I need to complete anything on my Dads behalf as his POA.
A million thanks for your patience.
Jan
Posted Sun, 25 Feb 2024 06:14:21 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Janet - I'm sorry to read of your loss and your Dad's health issues.
If you are to become a joint legal owner then your Dad will have to transfer the whole legal ownership to himself plus you. 
You'll need forms AP1 and TR1 (not AS1) plus both identities to be verified. You can submit a certified copy of either the death certificate or probate as evidence of Mum's death. 
If you are acting as Dad's attorney then you will need to submit a certified copy of the power as well
The form A restriction will remain on the register
Whilst I understand the reason for not wanting to use a solicitor I would always recommend at least seeking legal advice as to what options exist re the legal ownership of the property and the need/desire to transfer it into joint names for example. I am not suggesting that's the wrong thing to do but we deal with the outcome of such considerations so can't advise on what's 'best' in such cases

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in